Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko

Sunseeker 52 vs Ferreti 550 or Azimut 54?

Discussion in 'Sunseeker Yacht' started by Eddie Jaimes, Sep 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie Jaimes

Eddie Jaimes New Member

Hello, Im currently a happy owner of a 2016 Fairline Targa Gt53, I love the boat and havent had any issues, Im looking to to get a fly boat and are between sunseeker 52 manhatan , Azimut 54 or ferreti 550, any input on build , reliability and ride is appreciated.
  2. mapism

mapism Senior Member

In each of the respects you are interested in, I would rank the Ferretti 1st, the S/skr 2nd, and the Azi 3rd.
  3. Eddie Jaimes

Eddie Jaimes New Member

Thanks for the feedback that is mu GUT feeling based on what i seen but it is nice to hear opinions, thanks again
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I'd tend to agree with Mapism but would also consider the 55' Princess Fly and the 52? Tiara. The 55' Princess has A LOT of well planned space inside and out compared to the others.
  5. Eddie Jaimes

Eddie Jaimes New Member

Thanks, I just cant get over the princess interior, we are somewhat young and like the modern interior, only the brand new ones have updated interior imo, the ferreti seem like the best build but a bit underpower it has qsd11, and tops at 27 knots, i came from sport boats and the fairline tops just over 33 bu cruises at 25 knots burning just over 50 gallons at 2050 rpm the ferreti has to be around 2300 at 65 gallons but the interioir is super modern and seem to be a great build! Im in love with my volvo d11 , 140 hrs in 1 year and no a single alarm!
  6. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Usually Cummins are better then Volvo in many respects, and in USA the support of Cummins is very good.
  7. mapism

mapism Senior Member

R U sure? In Europe, AFAIK the 550 comes with MANs i6/800hp, and it's a 31+ kts wot/25 kts cruise boat.
    Nothing against the Cummins (which in fact I would take over anything from VP!), but I'd be a bit surprised it Ferretti installed them only for US market, considering that also MANs are pretty popular, on both sides of the Atlantic.
  8. Eddie Jaimes

Eddie Jaimes New Member

Well I ended up on a 2017 manhattan 52 that is fully loaded, it has Hardtop and seakeeper, a bit slow.. it has the D11 725, does 23 knots cruise and tops at 28-29 loaded w a 395 williams in the back I must say the interiori volume is HUGE, also the FLY is huge, so far no issues, I been in and out all speaces and it seems to be put together well, all systems are installed neat and have tons of access. :)
  9. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Cool. Manhattans seem like nice boats. But then your Fairline Targa GT53 is a nice boat. I always seem to favor Coupes like that, not being in a sunny location may have something to do with that. Did you sell or trade her in? Just curious as to what others do when they get an itch for a different boat.
  10. Eddie Jaimes

Eddie Jaimes New Member

I sold it in 2 weeks, first guy came bought it, I did spend almost 100K upgrading ac systems, stereo and bunch of other stuff. That boat was a tank and ran at 28 knots at 2100 rpm :) I'm now in a slow boat but better for entertaining, We go out on the intercoastal around Miami to bars and restaurants and having a coupe was difficult at nitgh, plus everyone is always out and im driving.
  11. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Congratulations on the new platform. Thanks for the reply.
  12. DJ Catalyst

DJ Catalyst New Member

Did you buy your Manhattan 52 new or used? I’m leaning towards the M52 for the same reasons as you (entertaining space + fly.) Not many used show up for sale, and since the model is new, the used prices seem pretty close to new.

If new, how well-outfitted was it? (Given the days between postings, it sounds like you didn’t order “semi-custom new”.)

#curious
  13. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

This thread has been stripped of comments by a broker employed by Sunseeker who was expressing vested opinions. He also used our private message system to solicit multiple members.
    gr8trn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.