Click for Comfort Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn

Steven Speilberg's "Seven Seas" by Oceanco Yachts

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by colintraveller, May 6, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I saw this boat in person (from the exterior) at Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale a few months ago. It is a beautiful boat. The paintwork and fairing is very good and the boat looks much larger than it's size. Very nice lines on her.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Lars,

I undeleted this thread because the information is in the public domain now.

Carl
  3. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

Here she is in St Maarten

Attached Files:

4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Good size comparison to the "Solemar" in the background.
  5. Justus

Justus Guest

Interesting that Seven Seas has similar big ourdoor spaces
    and pool like Alfa Nero , you just can't see Seven Seas spaces not
    so obviously .
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I was onboard 7 Seas last summer during the HISWA tour. Had no idea it was SS's boat, but it explains the technology they put into the theater. Rumor has it Spielberg might be making his own Pirates of the Caribbean flick, sans the owner of "Vajoliroja". Kind of an irony in all this... from Raiders of the Lost Ark to a modern day ark by Oceanco. Good for him!

Here's one of YF's wallpapers of 7 Seas...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/images/Wallpaper/OceancoSevenSeas1024.jpg
  7. Justus

Justus Guest

And doyou like the interior, exterior and layout?
  8. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Any chance we will sea YF review? She has a nice interior but the photos of her interior that were released were limited so I would love to see more and, hopefully, the layouts.
  9. Yacht News

I haven't seen your email mr. Germanyachting :)
  10. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Sending it now. On another note, isn't this a duplicate thread of a thread in the Oceanco Forum called Y706? Shouldn't they be combined/renamed perhaps? Just a thought for organization...
  11. Yacht News

Yea I agree....I had the Y706 thread established eversince but sometimes people don't know that other threads exist or don't take the time to use the search function and duplicate threads...
  12. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

13. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

One would like to think, after making the millions he has from his USA business, he would at least flag his Yacht as US..poor form if you ask me...my 2c
  14. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I always wondered if there is a regulation that it is not allowed to have the windows obscured at the helm station? I think it disturbs the design of big yachts like 'Seven Seas'...
  15. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I don't think yacht designers, the owners build captain, and the shipyard would be retarded enough to obscure the windows at the helm station used to run the vessel.
  16. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

I dont really see why he should be "forced" to have it flagged anywhere... Despite having a company in one place or another... Or are you implying that only americans saw his movies and therefore he owes only america and americans a debt of gratitude for his work, and no one else? (I'd argue he doesnt owe anyone anything since he's worked for what he has, but hey, since we are discussing, if we are to make him "indebted" why make it only to where he was born?)

He is (and should be) free to flag it wherever the heck he wishes! thank god for that! :D (Isnt it the land of the free for a reason?? :p)

PS: flagging in the US is quite restrictive and very few of the larger vessels are us flagged for a variety of reasons...mostly non-financial reasons from all I've seen - crew is a BIG reason, but there are others, no one (independent of nationality or patriotism) wants to be more restricted as opposed to more free in how they can operate their yachts...so for most it just isnt worth it to fly their home-flag... (See how many US, french, english, russian, italian, etc flagged yachts there exist, vs the owner base... now compare that to marshal or cayman flagged yachts vs marshal or cayman beneficial owners? catch my point? its the whole point of a flag of CONVENIENCE)... yachting is difficult and complex as it is, no reason to tie yourself and make it even more complex
  17. Innomare

Innomare Senior Member

Milow, that is correct. There is a rule in the Large Yacht Code (a derivative of the SOLAS) for clear glass on the bridge.
    This has mainly to do with visibility at night, when you really want all the light from the outside to come in.

Sometimes, form needs to follow function...
  18. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

While you often make posts saying how much you know about foreign flagging and the such like I would suggest that an easy answer to this question can be found by reading the Jones Act.

There is a cut off point for at around 200 GRT for the US Flagging of Non US Built vessels, special cases have got around this however.

The Yacht Limitless built in Germany if I recall correctly got an act of congress changed to get it's flag on the back, a fleet of Kuwaiti Tankers so they could be "protected" by the US Navy.
  19. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

A few more shots of M/Y 7 Seas at dusk before she left Fort Lauderdale.

Attached Files: