Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander

Sports

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by OutMyWindow, Oct 29, 2007.

1. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

Congratulations to the Red Sox (the new Yankees) on their sweep of the Colorado (can't hit) Rockies. I think the last exciting series ended with Joe Carter in the bottom of the 9th.
    Don't miss next Sunday's Superball between the Pats & Colts, I'm betting on the other Boston team by +10.

*Nautical Moment: Sweden has around 3,218 Kilometers of coastline and over 60,000 Islands.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Add to this 95.700 inland lakes larger than 10.000 sqm and you can understand why we have a million boats or so... :)
  3. OutMyWindow

Let me know when some of these lakes freeze over, as our 5/7 Team Sweden aka The Canucks will be sending a whole bunch of players back for more practice.
  4. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Now, for something warmer (and I hope this ain't an old film for any of you).
    911 C2S vs. the new R8 Audi.
    This Top Gear stuff is soooo entertaining, and I am a decided P-car fan.

Got 5 minutes to blow? Here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y1kGPITD0M
  5. OutMyWindow

That's a very sharp car, the rumor is that there may be a more "affordable" R4 in the works.
    BTW, if you haven't bought a Boxter yet, don't, the 2010 model is going to look similar to the Carrera GT (worth the wait).
    I came across this in traffic last week.

Attached Files:

6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thoroughly enjoy Clarkson & Hammond going at it. We should attempt our own rendition Loren. You take the Volkswagen on steroids. I'll take my rice-burner with the motor in the middle. And the wager is...

...the lowest Geiko quote!
  7. Loren Schweizer

Carl, I was recently semi-shocked when I called my friendly Allspace (heh, heh) agent and asked for a quote on a 2005 987S; the numbers came out exactly the same as my currrent beater, a 1999 300M at which, surely, even Lee Iacocca would look askance.
  8. OutMyWindow

Well, 52K fans and myself were treated to a comedy of errors yesterday as our BC Lions chances of a back to back Grey Cup Championship were dashed by some team from the prairies.
    Now I understand the suffering of all the Fish (sorry Mammal) fans down in Florida.
  9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

This is my "fish-cap"...:) (from -97)

Attached Files:

10. OutMyWindow

It was an exiting team to watch when they won the World Series in 1997 & 2003. If I remember correctly, the owner paid big bucks to assemble a winning team for the pennant run and than didn't re-sign the key players the following year. Had the local fans a bit peed-off.
  11. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Congrats to Jimmie Johnson on winning his second consecutive NASCAR Nextel championship. Of course, it's also a sweet deal when the first and second place drivers are from the same team.
    Here's my guy, Carl Edwards, driver of the 99 Office Depot Ford. Carl won the Busch series championship this year, and came in ninth in the Nextel series. Next stop, New York City.

Attached Files:

12. OutMyWindow

Also on having a "Trophy Wife".
    Now that "open wheel" has merged with nascar, next year should be even more exciting. I'm curious to see how our CDN F1 & Cart champ, J.Villeneuve will do, although I suspect that being in an inferior car will make him a back-marker.
  13. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

It also makes me very optimistic for Jr's chances in '08. :D I think the Hendrick advantage in the CoT will be somewhat diminished by the time Daytona rolls around, but I still think they'll be ahead of the field.
  14. Loren Schweizer

15. OutMyWindow

One can only hope that the CoT will equalise the teams somewhat, but with Hendrick winning 18 of 36 races, one must wonder how much the whole team chemistry has to do with a winning formula. Other series have tried to “even the field” be it with same chassis, tires, pop-off valves, max litre output, etc.
    But it’s always the same team(s) that steals the show.

Nautical Moment:
    Although the season was a show of domination by one team, the world’s eyes were upon a driver whose team owner also owns Trinity Yachts.
  16. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

That's right.
    We've probably seen more of Mr Sabates on ESPN/NASCAR than at the boat shows. lol

Then again, we did see Mr Dane win at the America's cup, in a, dare I say it, sailboat.