Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Delta

Spade S200 GALV 121lb anchor; Suncor SS Plowmaster 35lb

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by SOU'WESTER, Mar 26, 2023.

1. SOU'WESTER

SOU'WESTER New Member

Spade S200 Galvanized 121 lb. I bought this a few years ago for my 51' Tayana and used it lightly for 1 season. Like fastening yourself to the earth itself. Best sleeping pill ever, I just don't have a boat that big anymore. I went by the Steve Dashew anchor size strategy: keep putting bigger anchors on the bow and when people in the harbor laugh at it you're just about there. You see these on the Nordhavns, often paired with Sarcas and on the expedition sailboats. With a strong enough windlass and anchor roller, it's suitable for any high profile flybridge vessel 45-80' or sailboat 50-80'. $1200, which is about half of the price on the Spade website, even after their current 10% discount promotion.

https://www.spadeanchorusa.com/anchor-sizing-charts.php
    https://www.spadeanchorusa.com/galvanized-steel-boat-anchors.php

This Suncor PLOWMASTER 316 Stainless Steel 35lb. mirror polished is a real gem. If you have a trawler, Downeaster or sailboat under 40 feet and want a beautiful yet practical CQR-like articulating plow anchor. Also good for a stern anchor. This came off a Hinckley where is sat for many years unused. Looks like it may have been launched only once or twice. These sold for $2,000 and are no longer available new. $975.

Located in MA by the Cape Cod Canal. I cannot ship these, but I can likely arrange to deliver them to Maine, NH, RI, southern CT, SE NY, NJ

Todd

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Although your IP matches your stated location, I would hesitate to buy from a profile like this...

Attached Files: