Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Delta Click for Cross

So many Trinity yachts for sale!!

Discussion in 'Trinity Yacht' started by Longranger5, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Longranger5

Longranger5 New Member

My broker sent me the details of a Trinity for sale. I just noticed that there are so many Trinity yachts for sale, nearly one for each year of build. Is there something wrong with the yard as i am considering one of the earliest Trinity's which is for sale?
  2. Henning

Henning Senior Member

Nothing particularly wrong with the Trinity yards. They have been around for a long time under one name or another. At one point Halter Marine where they were very prolific builders of Offshore Service Vessels. You do have to watch on a vessel by vessel basis though as you get older, but this is for any vessel. Refits and repairs over the years can be either well done or not. I've operated a few Trinity yachts, and they were pretty good boats, couldn't really find anything at the manufacture level that I strenuously objected to. One of them had an interior that hurt your eyes to look at LOL, but that was no fault of the builder. Most of the Trinitys are custom built often by experienced owners with captains and engineers who will specify brands and types of systems and even their implementation, so you really have to look to see what you have with each vessel. As for Trinity in general, if the deal is right and you like it, I don't see a reason not to go with one. Trinity also builds military vessels.
  3. johntdowling

johntdowling New Member

Trinity builds a lot of boats...

Keep in mind, Trinity builds A LOT of boats... I think they said they have some 15 or 16 builds in progress. A lot for for a builder of this size. So, as a percentage of what they have out there, one per year might not be all that unusual.
  4. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

15 or 16 Yachts..... WOW. Some production builders don't have that many going at one time. From what I have read in the past is that Trinity built a good product. Can a custom builder sustain that build rate and maintain the high quality construction.
  5. johntdowling

johntdowling New Member

I would say they are all at different stages, design, hull, superstructure, etc. etc. not all at the same point.

This is not my league, so I really don't know much. Just what I can pick up from the magazines. With the exchange rate so favorable buying US products, I know they sell a lot overseas. I think in terms of their order book and their total footage (added up) under contract, I think they are #1 in the world.