Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for MotorCheck Click for Delta

SKIPPER WANTED FOR 62ft VINTAGE FEADSHIP

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by david_japp, Jul 8, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. david_japp

david_japp Senior Member

I'm looking for skipper for our 62ft Vintage Feadship "Tiky" during our first family holiday aboard following a prolonged and major refit documented elsewhere on Yachforums . This is currently planned to take place in Southern France / NW Italy at end July - mid August, with normally 4 but max 6 guests aboard, normally my immediate family.

The relationship would hopefully develop into a longer term relationship, with the skipper being based in Europe and coming aboard as skipper as/when needed and of course subject to his availability, but at this stage we are not look for a permanent full-time skipper .

Although (i think) I am fairly knowledgable about boats generally - I personally supervised every detail of Tiky’s refit, and passed my Yachtmaster offshore shore-based course some time ago and have owned / skippered a number 20ft - 35ft sailboats, I have had very little sea time in recent years and have no experience of driving or mooring up a boat like Tiky (although she is very predictable and seems to handle very easily when under the control of an experienced hand). FYI I had a very a serious health issue a couple of years ago and although I am fully recovered now I am 61 and my days of leaping off the boat onto the dock to moor up, are past me.

...as Im sure you will appreciate, skippering a small family-owned yacht like Tiky, where the skipper basically has to do everything and anything (including driving the boat, keeping it spotlessly clean, doing maintenance , provisioning, ferrying people in the tender etc ) and the job is very different to being on a larger boat with a big crew where everybody has a specific job. Life aboard a small boat is also a lot more intimate and possibly more relaxed than the atmosphere and conditions on a big motoryacht - some people like that but others don’t.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

David,

Your thread has been moved to our Yacht Captain's Forum for the best response.
  3. Olav Snijders

Olav Snijders New Member

Hi David,
    I've pm'd you. If the position is still available, I'm interested.
  4. Captain Coats

Captain Coats New Member

I would love to work with you if you need assistance in the Carolinas. Please stay in touch.
    Captain Garry Coats
    gc29180 on gee mail
  5. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I think David has now sold the boat in Italy.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

He put so much into her.