Click for Comfort Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Burger

Shipping via Ocean Transport

Discussion in 'Yacht Transport Ships' started by dennismc, Dec 19, 2016.

1. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Does any know of a Yacht shipping Co. that ships US port to US port i.e. Florida to Seattle etc ?
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Seven Star goes from Palm Beach to Victoria. Their Dockwise affliate also occasionally goes from Fort Lauderdale to BC, but doesn't appear to have currently scheduled trips on that route. Because of the Jones Act, they can't carry US to US.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Dockwise and Sevenstar will get you VERY close. Ft. Laud or Palm Beach pick up/drop off and Victoria, Canada. Also Ravens shipping does that route too and is reputable.
  4. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I have recommended United Yacht Transport to several clients and they have been pleased with their service. I deal with Paul Haber who recently bid on a yacht coming from California (Ensenada) to Ft. Lauderdale and beat the competitor by several thousands of boat bucks.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They do, but then they give you an unrealistic date and then keep delaying 2 weeks at a time for months from my experiences. I had one owner who got delayed that way for 3 months from his origional load date, others around 1-2 additional months.
  6. PSW

PSW Member

Palm Beach to Victoria is your best option. Just did this in December and had a good experience with Sevenstar. Bird sh*t from transitting Panama sucks no matter who you use.
  7. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

Shrink wrap is a must, makes clean-up that much easier.
  8. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

.The Jones act stops port to port shipping within the US, was trying to save 12% on the shipping cost by not having it dropped in Canada.I understand the issue, Can. customs charges the tax on the entire cost of the transaction landed in Canada No problemsif shipped or brought in from Wa. State tax only on purchase price.
  9. olderboater

You need to get with a shipping broker or someone in the area with knowledge to see exactly what happens for a boat delivered but not to be used or sold in Canada and what part of the shipping cost is taxable. For instance, if it stops in Costa Rica or Mexico on the way is it just the last leg.
  10. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

That's the problem, it going to be Canadian use, not too many easy ways around it.
  11. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Well, what size/value is it? Where is it currently? Another option is to drop it off in Ensenada.MX and run it up but that's a pretty fairly lengthy run. It's possible you could find a unique customs shipper like Jack Fitzgerald out of Savanah that can get it on a US flagged freighter with a drop off somewhere in Washington. If it will fit on a skid, it will be easier to do that.
  12. olderboater

What is the current story on United Yacht Transport? I ask because Paul Haber and Vic Spellberg are no longer with them and have started a US office for Cross Chartering Yacht Transport.
  13. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

Seven Star delivered four yachts last week from Fort Lauderdale to Sarina Ontario and the crew of all four yachts had a letter from shipping agent to get them across Border in to Windsor Ontario and they had no problems.