Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn

Settle an argument... Westport Eviva?

Discussion in 'Westport Yacht' started by CODOG, Nov 22, 2007.

1. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Had the pleasure of attending a wee party on Exuma over the last few days, and saw this off Stocking Island. I think its a Westport 164 (I'm certain it is) but others differ...their argument being that Eviva, if that was indeed the name as it was a long way off, was an Admiral Marine build. I know they indeed built an Eviva, and I know the connection between the Admiral Eviva's owner and Westport...so, is this the Admiral Eviva and so Westports 164 series are identical to the Admiral Marine design, or is this in fact a new Westport build carrying on the Eviva name ?

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

3. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

CODOG,
    She sure lookes like EVVIVA (note spelling).
    Here are a few recent shots.

Attached Files:

4. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Thanks Capt. Tom, that pretty much puts the winnings (a pint of Tanglefoot) in my hands. Sorry for the spelling of Evviva, my eyesight was a little Bahama Mama'ed by then:)
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Yep, she is Evviva. How to tell the difference between her and Vango for a distance you look at the radar arch. Evviva has her's a couple feet forward than where it is on the Vango. Also they are other differences as well. Vango has a black pinstripe above her boot, on Evviva it is Red. The external colour on the superstructure external walls of Evviva are silver where as on Vango they are white. Vango's mast is white, Evviva's, silver. The back of Vango's hard top folds upward to accomdate the helo's blade diameter. I'm not sure if Evviva's folds because they moved the entire mast/arch a couple feet forward to solve the problem on Vango. Evviva has some blue cushions on the outside decks, Vango does not.
  6. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Edited to add...Had I the sense to search this excellent site better, I would have found the answer myself in the Westport section.
    The helicopter was seen landing on Wed morning. Reportedly the pilot made it look very easy, and no one saw any of the mast / hoop moved out of the way. Impressive.
    There was a murmour amongst some on the beach that it was Tiger Woods latest yacht, although I knew otherwise as I'd seen a picture of it a while back;)

Attached Files:

7. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Speaking of Tiger... I met with the chief engineer on Privacy last night. He's an ex-Merchant Marine that spoke in your native tongue CODOG.
  8. Calm Terror

Calm Terror New Member

evviva_6.jpg
    Another shot
    this is the Old EVVIVA built by admiral marine.
    She was owned by the same guy who had the new EVVIVA made.
    Not sure what the name of the old EVVIVA is now though
  9. tinkthumper

tinkthumper New Member

solve the arguement

The original evviva was owned by the majority owner of westport shipyards. he went to the owner of admiral marine and had the boat built. it is now called aurora. A few years later owner of Evviva and owner of admiral joined together and bought westport shipyards. the "NEW" evviva is owned by the same owner as the first and the general design of the hull was taken from the 1st boat. lots of differences but also lots of similarities.... any questions im happy to answer