Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Abeking

Sette/couch on Montego 3257

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by judilynn824, Sep 8, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. judilynn824

judilynn824 New Member

Hi All :)
    I just bought a new to me 88 Carver 3257. I want to recover the settee/couch in the cabin. I can't find any way to remove the cushions or to even lift them away from the wall. Has anyone recovered their's? If so, are there hidden screws holding it in place?

Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated :)
    Judy
  2. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    Not specific Carver, but most of the time, it is mounted with a clip in a hole, you have to pull it a little forward from above, and then lift it up...hope it works
  3. judilynn824

judilynn824 New Member

HI and thank you! I'll try that next time. I've tried everything I know to budge it, but the couch seems to be permanently attached with no way to remove the cushion.
  4. Steve Acord

Steve Acord New Member

There are screws in the cushion between the folds that go through the fabric and into the plywood. I just pulled all mine out, and my wife just reupholstered our couch and dining area.
    1510600_10153839302119688_4112583181244866628_n.jpg 10298894_10153922388329688_4499523609164036283_n.jpg
  5. judilynn824

judilynn824 New Member

That looks fabulous - love love the floor. I ripped out the carpet in mine on the main cabin floor and put a wood look linoleum down. I haven't figured out yet how to do that on the raised area that the dinette is on. Did you use hardwood or linoleum?
  6. Steve Acord

Steve Acord New Member

We used a product that lays like hardwood but is a highly durable vinyl. I did the same through out. I just recently finished it but still need to do the trim on the stairs and upper floor area. I am so happy to get the dated blue vinyl and blue carpet out of there. This is a before and a link to the flooring I used. We have been enjoying remodeling her. http://www.urbanata.com/sustainable/flooring/luxvinyl.html

Attached Files:

7. judilynn824

judilynn824 New Member

That's very similar to the flooring I have. I'm am so with you on getting rid of the blue. Did you roll the vinyl around the lip of the dinette platform? Or did you use a trim to hold it in place? Did you pull the dinette seat bases up to remove that carpet too? So sorry for all of the questions, but I'm also remodeling :)
  8. Steve Acord

Steve Acord New Member

The carpeting under the table comes up pretty easy, however you will need to remove the seat boxes. Lift out the cushions and you will see the screws. Remove these screws and the seat boxes lift right out, then you can pull the carpet up. The carpet also slides under the steps so its one piece. Fairly simple...The back cushion on the starboard wall is also screwed in in between the cushion folds you will find the screws. Run you finger across the fold and you will feel the screw head.
  9. Steve Acord

Steve Acord New Member

I removed the seats completely and the table mounts.
    Before removing the table mounts, measure the center of the holes where they are and note that somewhere. After laying your new flowing in put an X where the hole measurement goes and center your table leg mounts on those X's and you will be good to go.
  10. Jnicholas

Jnicholas Member

I have been considering this flooring project as well. My concern is loosing some of the sound insulation that carpet & pad give. Did going to the hard surface increase the noise level at all?
  11. Steve Acord

Steve Acord New Member

We ripped up the old carpet, there was no padding under it. I applied a sound barrier down then the flooring. This is what I used..
    http://www.xtremediesel.com/thermot...efCALbeUmQfHGHI4M5RFQJr_1J0zUEphBsaAqrM8P8HAQ