Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Mag Bay Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service

Seeking Info on 68' Lazzara

Discussion in 'Lazzara Yacht' started by Baosport, Jan 16, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Baosport

Baosport New Member

We are comparing the 68' Lazzara to the Hatteras due out this Spring (updated 63' model) and the Marlow Explorer of similar size. Would appreciate any feedback.

Baosport@aol.com :)
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Baosport,

Welcome aboard! Sorry for the delayed response, but I've been out of town for a few days. I can't give you much information on Marlow's Explorer, as I've not spent anytime onboard one, nor have we ever done a review.

However, we have done reviews on Lazzara's 68', as well as the new Hatteras 80'. Although I know you are interested in the 63' Hat, I'm certain there will be many similarities in quality and finish to the 80'. The words "quality and finish" best describe both of these yachts. For example, Hatteras has decades of yacht building experience that has culminated in recent years to a level that is much higher than one might expect with production built boats. The same holds true for Lazzara, where their focus has been raising the bar on production boats to a level usually associated with custom built boats.

Although it is to soon to speculate on the Hatteras 63', I can tell tell you that Lazzara's 68-S has features that are truly exceptional for its size. The first being the enclosed aft tender garage, but there are many other notable aspects of these boats.

Because I'm just getting back in town and have not even un-packed yet, please take some time to read through the editorial on both of these boats currently featured on the front page of YachtForums. We put a lot of effort (both info & images) into our reviews and try to point out more of the technical aspects that may help a new buyer discern the differences between the various yachts.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask specifics and myself (or one of our members) will try to help. I will be out of town a little over the next couple of weeks, but will respond whenever possible.

Again, welcome aboard. :)
  3. ISMYachts

ISMYachts New Member

Marlow 78

Hi Carl,
    Looking forward to see a review on the Marlow Explorer 78. Beautiful lines
    Good luck Thanks