Click for Perko Click for Cross Click for Walker Privacy Matters Click for Furuno

"Seabourn Odyssey" and "Sojourn"

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Yacht News, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I know we do not discuss cruise ships here but these vessels are more closer to yachts than anything else. These are the 'yachts' from Seabourn Cruiseline. If you did not know already, in June this year Seabourn recieved its first new ship in quite some years after just sailing with the Seabourn Legend, Pride and Spirit.

The new vessel is called the "Seabourn Odyssey" and is somewhat larger than the older 'yachts' in the fleet. Her sister, "Seabourn Sojurn" is under construction now at T. Marrioti in Italy. A third hull is under construction at the hull building facility. She is scheduled for June, 2010. The third hull/ship is for 2011. You can keep apace here if you are interested:

***​

http://blog.seabourn.com/

Found this on FlickR
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/31447575@N02/sets/72157620445224018/with/3656874046/
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

Got to like the "new" standard in luxury cruising.
    Looking at the website, I couldn't find anything pertaining to the height of the ship, as our Harbour access allows a max of 200 feet under the Bridge.
    A bit of style similarity with this small ship...

Attached Files:

3. Yacht News

That is "Silver Whisper" or "Silver Shadow"?
  4. OutMyWindow

Its the Silver Shadow.
    So, do you know the height of Seabourn Odyssey?
  5. Yacht News

Uhh not off hand but I can find out for you...I'll go investigate for you now.
  6. Yacht News

I think I have an answer for you OMW. She is said to be 84-feet tall with a length of 640-feet.
  7. OutMyWindow

That's a minor boat, I was thinking of the new "Oasis of the Seas" which is 213 feet high and won't fit under the bridge, hence no Vancouver date.

www.oasisoftheseas.com
  8. Yacht News

That is not her overall height. That is simply Oasis' waterline to top of the funnel height, overall, she should be 243-feet tall from keel to top of the funnel, Making her overall taller than QM2 who is 234-feet I think (I speak subject to correction on that one). However, if you want to OMW you can continue the cruise ship discussion here in the "Newest Cruise Ships" Thread to keep this thread pure with the more yacht like vessels from Seabourn.

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/yachtforums-yacht-club/4449-newest-cruise-ships-4.html?highlight=cruise+ships