Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for Mulder

Sail Makers, Delivering up new, Quality & Serviceability

Discussion in 'General Sailing Discussion' started by Kristoria, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Kristoria

Kristoria New Member

Pwllheli [Puchkelly] & Abersoch [Abersock], N.Wale
    Hi,

I'm looking to have some sails made and delivered to the Island of Peurto Rico. Currently I am talking to a few sail makers and the lowest quote is from some sail makers called FAREASTSAILS there spiel and formal letter writing follow up lead me to believe that they are at least, very good. Many of the common and creditable sail makers are dumbfounded by the quotation for supply that Fareastsails have made.

Would I be right to accept their quotation; has anybody had sails or other goods delivered from them; has anybody been let down by them; does anybody know of anybody else being let down by them in any way.

Their quote is brilliant; their cloth is English Bainbridge stock, but if after sending them a deposit the goods don't show then they could be said to be a tad expensive.

HELP!!!!

Chris
    SY Kristoria
  2. serraventos

serraventos Guest

Payment for sails

Hi Chris,

Depending on the amount...
    It maybe be safer if you pay them by L/C (letter of credit) from your bank. You can also get an inspection company (Veritas, SGS, etc) to check the product before shipping. You pay a little for the service but it's safer.

You can also check the local Chamber of Commerce for information about this sailmaker.

Regards,

Victor Serraventos
    Expert in trading with the Far East
  3. MikeElliston

MikeElliston New Member

it's best to go with a well known sail maker, north, Quantum, Mack etc.
    they are able to provide better service, and if the sail isn't quite right, they are large enough companies that they will fix it and make it right. as far as FAREASTSAILS go, i have never heard of them

Michael Elliston
    M/y Jasmine
    race crew onboard
    S/Y VICKI