Click for MotorCheck Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service

Rybos at classic yacht/boat show in Mystic CT

Discussion in 'Rybovich Yacht' started by Hattsoff, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Hattsoff

Hattsoff Member

We went to the Mystic CT classic yacht/boat show last weekend. Pat Rybovich hosted a dinner/cocktail party on Friday that we attended and had a great time despite the horrid humidity and heat. There were 5 Rybos at the show shown in the photo: from left to right is Maradel, Corsair, Proud Lady, Circe and Bimini Babe.

All the Rybos except Corsair were sportfishes. Corsair is an aft cabin and the owners were very gracious people who invited us aboard. What a beauty she is! Just standing on her deck or in the cabin makes one gitty. This boat has a great layout. Her owners take excellent care of her and it shows.

Attached Files:

2. Hattsoff

Hattsoff Member

Another Rybovich

After CT we decided to spend a day on Newport RI. What a great place that I want to go back to.

Anyway, we had lunch and docked next to us was "Game on" a 78 foot Rybo launched in 2010. This is almost the twin to the other 78 ft Rybo "Persistence". What a monster to see. Needless to say she was a treat to see in person and what a surprise to find her there.

Attached Files:

3. KnitWit

KnitWit New Member

what beauties!
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Beautiful boats I agree, but why on earth are they still putting portholes in the hull of a 2010 boat......
  5. Hattsoff

Hattsoff Member

I understand all the advantages to not having portholes and I'm aware that sans porthole is the trend now but I must say I think it looks good. To me, it looks more classic. Having said that I also understand the disadvantages of having portholes. On a more positive note, they do allow for light which is nice so when you go down into that cave your not frantically looking for a light switch. ha ha

"Persistence", which is almost the twin to the one above does not have portholes.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Most people think it looks much cleaner without the portholes. I think deck hatches give plenty of light and are cleaner, or as Cabo does sometimes, they'll flush mount a white piece of plexiglass on the deck that allows light in, but looks clean.
  7. Hattsoff

Hattsoff Member

I agree they do look cleaner without.

I'm a huge fan of no bowrails and no davit w/tender which imho looks very sleek. Maybe not the most practical if your a diehard fisher but if your main use is just for cruising I Love that look. I've seen a few sportys with portholes but no rails and I always think it's a good juxtaposition between new and old styling.

Interesting on what Cabo does. I didn't know that.
  8. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Bull

And I don't mean crappola.
    Just a 50Bn $ bill to local investors, and slightly more to the house. :eek:
    Still, she's a princess.
    Who knows where this thread is gonna lead?
    CHeers!
    -Eric

Attached Files:

9. Hattsoff

Hattsoff Member

Bull is very nice. He certainly had enough money to maintain her properly. Ha ha. (I know bad joke)

Where is she now? I know she was on the market again after being sold from Nat Liq. Did she ever get resold? Seemed like a wierd story as to why the guy was selling so soon and what his intentions were. At least as reported by soundings from what I remember.
  10. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I saw her recently on the New River in Fort Lauderdale, just west of the tip of Florida.

The guy who bought her, probably has her for sale because there probably is someone knocking on the boat at every marina they go to looking for their money......LOL