Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Burger

Price check on mini-fridge

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Cpt Sous-Leau, Jul 13, 2024.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Cpt Sous-Leau

Cpt Sous-Leau Member

The Nova Cool 1.6 mini-fridge on the fly has gone Tango Uniform. I just priced a replacement. The prices run from $897 to $1196. It's 110AC or 12VDC.

I can buy a Hamilton Beach unit for $178. It does not run on 12VDC. I'm ok with it only running on the AC side. So should I just save $1000 and put the AC mini in there? I guess I could take the logo off the "Nova Cool" and glue it on the facia of the Hamilton Beach unit.

I'm generally a cheap bas. I can't see why I should drop $1000 coin for 12VDC operation. Or, 'marine' type.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hamilton-Beach-1-6-cu-ft-Mini-Fridge-Freezer-Compartment-Coral/5014376965
  2. Dan balmer

Dan balmer Member

You can buy the box store unit with no problem except that it is free standing unit that you will have to figure out how to mount and stabilize it. It has no flange for mounting
  3. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

As long as you're not in need of the 12vdc go for it. I certainly would. There's always ways to lock it down.

But if you do, ensure that the ground connection is not tied to the neutral on the fridge. If it is remove the neutral from ground. If not you will have issues when going to GFCI monitored marinas.