Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service

Politically Incorrect...

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by YachtForum, Jan 24, 2007.

1. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

... and no place to post it!

I'm thinking about setting up a Members Only forum for some the humor that comes across my desktop. I immediately want to share it on YF, but it's not always in the best taste or worse... it's not exactly "office safe".

However... in looking out for the best of interest of our members, I must submit the following photo which was taken after a competition between 9 women who had extreme makeovers with every possible beauty treatment available to them over a period of time

YachtForums Tip Of The Day: When shopping for a pre-owned model, just remember... a good refit and a coat of paint cover a multitude of sins!

***​

Attached Files:

2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

No bloody way!

LOL

There's more than a "coat of paint" involved in some of those... entirely new hull and superstructure, more like it. :D
  3. KCook

KCook Senior Member

A full bodied hair-doo and an illustrator's airbrush don't hurt either :D
  4. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

More than a little fairing compound, methinks.
  5. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

When you paint over rust, the rust is still there and eventually comes through again. I'm sure they have great personalities.
  6. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I wonder who gets to take 'em out on seatrials?! :D
  7. CaptainSilva

CaptainSilva Senior Member

LMAO! I just hope there aren't any barnacles below the waterline!
  8. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

That's what the "lemon test" is for:rolleyes:
  9. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Funny, I guess we have the same kind of computers! I'm all for a "members only" area. Kind of an off topic meets Jessie Jackson meets Jenna Jameson place to post some of the.....umm....."things" one might find in their inbox from time to time. Quite a few sites have them.
    While your at it, I think the Yacht Forums Yacht Club should be moved up in the ranks. It isn't the easiest thing to find if you don't know it's there.
  10. techmati

techmati Senior Member

restricted forums are interesting. they can be invitation only or when a user reaches a certain amount of posts they will be automatically admitted. or otherwise there can be both on the same forum

i have seen these to be quite successful. particularly the "reaching a certain amount of posts" giving admittance to the VIP area surprises members and rewards them. of course the amount of posts required must never be publicised and anyway must be significant enough to avoid people posting lots of rubbish to get admitted.

For instance on one forum i participate (computers) in the VIP Room we have the expected NWS topics but also there is good free discussion about where to take the forum, where the members or indeed the mods and admins can float some ideas freely.

More interesting is the group blog topic which people are posting a daily blog type entry if they feel like it and it is helping to get to know each other more better, which is nice.

Some members when they make enough posts are surprised to get into this area and are posting that maybe there is something wrong with the forum config........but then they are welcomed :D