Click for Westport Click for Comfort Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights

Please Rate Cheoy Lee

Discussion in 'Cheoy Lee Yacht' started by capt.charles3, Jul 17, 2006.

1. capt.charles3

capt.charles3 New Member

I am looking for any comments on your experiences with Cheoy Lee Motor Yachts. Have you had any problems with performance of the vessel? Any issues with hull integrity? Equipment problems? How about service or repair problems, warranty repairs.
    They look like they would be good, see a lot of good things on them but sometimes someone elses experiences are a real help.

thanks
  2. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

3. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

I was on the Cheoy Lee website the other day and noticed that they finally put a set of specs on there. It's impossible to get anything from them!
  4. captm

captm New Member

Scale of 1-10

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate them at 2.
    One point for handling and one for matching engines(C18's)to the hull performance.
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

6. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Well, I didn't want to be first, but aeronautic1's post (see the thread in post #5 above) describing these vessels as "Cheoy Leakies", contains, from all my experience, a grain of truth.
  7. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

Interesting yet controversial take on this Brand. Since they have been building boats; sail/motor since the late 1890's and pioneered fiberglass hulls in China boat construction since the 1960's, what's the problem?.
    Is it just plain workmanship dilemmas, lack of skilled trades or persistent design flaws?