Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Mulder

Pedrini Yachts

Discussion in 'Unique, Custom or New Yachts' started by Whiteho2, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiteho2

Whiteho2 New Member

Hi,

Has anyone heard or know anything of a company called Pedrini Yachts. Iv been contacted by the president Andrea Gros about employment but before I reply Id like to know who they are etc and I cant really find any information on them.

Many Thanks
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Pedrini? or Perini?
  3. V65

V65 Senior Member

Hmm, that's what i'm wondering...
  4. Whiteho2

Whiteho2 New Member

No not 'Perini'....Pedrini! Different company
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes I have been in touch with Andrea several times last year when he was planning for the new California shipyard. But not recently so I can not say if they are up and running for real yet...?
  6. Whiteho2

Whiteho2 New Member

Fantastic.....could you tell me who and what they are etc. Obviously ship builders but are they involved in design work etc. Or do they just build boats? Are they quite a new company? Are they a small outfit etc?

Thanks for your response
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

From what I was told, he had financial backing but no shipyard experience. The plan was to take over a former military site and build yachts in all sizes, especially with a new composite method. Big plans and I know he has approched some other designers as well, but since a couple of months I have not got any update.

If you have been contacted recently it could mean that the project is still going and if all of his plans are to be realized I guess he must be very busy...
  8. SoCalRP

SoCalRP New Member

I did a little poking around on the internet. I found a little info about the Pedrini Renewable Energy Group here:

http://www.bulkoil.com/scripts/bulk_item.asp?p_com=6367

If his plans of annual revenues in excess of 400M us are accurate, then he will no doubt be a wealthy man. I then found this link detailing his desire to find a suitable location in California to build yachts in excess of 30M here:

http://www.panamcham.com/business_center\businessOffers.asp

While it would be really, really cool to have company building megas and eventually supers in southern California I just can't imagine where that would happen. The only places that comes to mind right away are the port complex in Long Beach/Los Angeles but you would almost certainly have to work something out with the longshoreman's union (read: good freakin' luck!) or in the channel islands area around the Pt. Magoo naval station (once again-- good luck snatching up land-from the gov't).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.