Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Glendinning

Painting metal parts?

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by hopper5, Jan 25, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. hopper5

hopper5 Member

How can I find paint to match my Carver 440's painted metal items.......part of the structure to include stairs, the vertical area forward of the sundeck, etc. I imagine there must be a "Carver white" .......Some of the paint is flaking where the underlying metal has some corrosion. Mine is a 1994 440 Californian .........Thanks in advance ......
  2. captain pj

captain pj New Member

I had the same problem on my older Carver 370. What I did was use easypoxy and I bought a quart of white and one off white. mixed and matched the color untill the color came very close. I then Rolled it on with one of the small foam rollers and then tipped as I went. I will say it came out great. But it took longer to prep than to paint. After 2 years I have had to apply a coat of wax to maintain the shine.
    Hope this helps, best of luck.
  3. SeaDragon

SeaDragon New Member

It's most likely Awlgrip. You should be able to obtain a color chip chart from a local marina/service yard. On my 404 the closest match in Insignia White.