Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander

Owner's Manual for Simrad IS11 digital depth Sounder

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by stundo, Jul 15, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. stundo

stundo New Member

I need an Owner's Manual for my Simrad IS11 Digital Depth Sounder. I just have the "Quick Start Card". It does not have a trouble shooting guide. I am not getting an indication of Signal Strength all of the time. When I'm underway it seems to appear again. But as I get into shallower water it starts to go away...that's when I need it most. I have a Carver 445MY... 1997/98. I think the depth sounder may be original equipment. When I'm not getting a signal it just blinks. It blinks the last depth when the signal went away. It also seems to be effected by speed...the faster I go the better the signal strength. If anyone has an Owmer's Manual or a suggestion, I'm all ears.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

If I recall, the IS11 depth display got it's signals from the old Robertson DataBoxx or repeated from a NMEA source. The display it self is just the display. The DataBoxx did not have any STC or gain adjustments, Just a simple 200htz pinger.
    Can you I D the NMEA source or blackbox?
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I did find my old PDF of the DataLine-X Databoxx Manual. It was listed long ago from the old Robertson/Simrad web site.
    PM me a e-mail address and I'll try to squirt it to you. It's 410kb long.
  4. stundo

stundo New Member

Simrad IS11

Thanks for responding. My e-mail address is: Removed
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

If you still can, you may want to edit your last post and delete your e-mail address. Maybe ask one of the Admins to scratch it.
  6. stundo

stundo New Member

Is11

Thanks, that's a good idea. I'm not very tech. How do I get one of the Admin to do it for me? Sam