Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Walker

Opinions on 1997 Carver 310 Santego

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by TonyC, Jul 27, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. TonyC

TonyC New Member

Being new to this forum I'm hoping that this thread reaches the correct viewers.

We are considering purchasing a 1997 Carver 310 Santego. Powered by low hour twin 5.7 LX motors with Bravo 2 outdrives. Strictly freshwater and looks in good shape. Will have marine and engine surveys.

What insight, good or no so good, can you share. I've been told MPG is about 1.2 at 3200 RPM (cruise speed). Sound right? Has anyone measured MPG at lower speeds? How does it handle heavier seas in the 3 - 5 foot range? What about the other systems ... fresh water, electrical, hull integrity?

Whatever you have experienced will be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. tommyfmu

tommyfmu Member

We don't have that boat, but generally speaking fuel efficiency is more a matter of how much weight you're hauling. Our 5.7's at 3200 get about .7 mpg, and we're about 17000 lbs. We're also straight inboard Crusaders. At hull speed (around 8 knots) we get more closer to 1.8 mpg, which saves us more than 1/2 on fuel.
  3. TonyC

TonyC New Member

Thanks Tommyfmu, for your input. I am aware of the weight issues and try to keep it to a minimum. It is good to hear that drag, resulting from a reduction in RPM, will not negatively affect MPG.
  4. JFraser419

JFraser419 New Member

Tony, interested to hear your feedback on the 310. Any feedback on if you did/did not move forward and why/why not? Thoughts on the boat in general?