Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko

On a more casual note..... T-Day

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by PropBet, Nov 23, 2011.

1. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

For those of you that celebrate Thanksgiving, I bid you a great feast, filled with food, family, good spirits, and conversation.

Enjoy- be safe, and if you decide to deep fry a frozen turkey, *please* have your camcorder handy!

And to Carl-
    Prayers and best wishes to you and your family, in particular, your Mother in her aging state.
  2. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Happy Thanksgiving to you All.

My 17 year old son will be having his first Thanksgiving in the USA.
    He arrived in Florida yesterday for a 3 month holiday and also to coach rugby in Naples.

Hope the turkey is big enough for him!!!
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Tonight I was part of a welcome home greeting for a young marine returning from Afghanistan. From his eyes you could tell that he's seen what no young man should ever see. Next to me was a group of Blue Star Mothers and in front of me was a Gold Star Father comforting his wife. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Please keep in mind those less fortunate than ourselves as we celebrate. Happy Thanksgiving to all. May your homes be filled with love and peace.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Thank You.

As for deep frying a frozen turkey, you just need experience with that. You get the oil up to temp, turn the flame off, throw it in without standing over it, then turn the flame back on......hehehehehe
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thank you for the kind words of support Jasen. I'm on the way back to the hospital today with a plate of Thanksgiving turkey & fixins' for my mom. She was hospitalized with congestive heart failure earlier this week, coupled with a clot in her leg. If she threw the clot, she could have stroked. She’s on medication to break up the clot and reduce swelling, but she's pretty weak.

The doctors are going to determine a plan tomorrow and possible surgery on Monday or Tuesday. When someone close to you has serious heart problems, it really puts a broken heart in perspective. I’ve been feeling the latter for a few months, but right now I'm rejoicing in my mom's life, realizing it isn't death to be feared, but failing to live when your alive!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone... :)
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Please let her know that she will be in the prayers and hopes of many.
  7. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Deep fried, Charbroiled, illustrated.

Turkey Fry Mishap 2-3-2008 - YouTube
  8. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Wishing you and yours,
    and all the members and lurkers
    and their families,
    a Healthy and Happy Thanksgiving.
    Happy Turkey Day - Give Thanks For Small Blessings.jpg
  9. airship

airship Senior Member

Yeah! Beginning with the turkey maybe...?! :)

[Disclaimer: My computer / network connection / username and/or password details to this site and/or other websites may have been recently compromised by an as yet unidentified virus or trojan linked to H5N1 or similar. Probably due to a paultry and/or fowly malicious file downloaded when researching AI (Artificial Intelligence), and connected to an obscure AI (Avian Influenza) website. Gobble gobble...:eek: ]
  10. nilo

nilo Senior Member

carl,

i am sending my best wishes to you and hope your mother has a quick recovery..
  11. YachtForums

Thank you Salim! I'm at the hospital today, logging on from my iPad. We live in a wonderful time in communication technology, but I fear medical technology hasn't kept pace. Only 7 years ago - when I started YF - I was chained to a keyboard, unable to leave for any period of time. Today, we take the Internet wherever we go.

In contrast to communication, it appears medical technology is still in the stone ages, using chemicals and scalpels in a barbaric approach - like a garage mechanic with a set of Snap-On tools - to fix a problem. The human body is an amazing machine and God gave us all we need to keep it running smoothly... the nutrients of this earth, not the synthesized concoction fed to us by mass food conglomerates.

Sorry to rant, feeling for my mom. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Be sure to hug the ones you love today. You never know what tomorrow may bring.
  12. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

You are absolutely right about our medical situation!
    By this time our society should have learnt a lot more about self help, chemical free, natural and alternative cures.
    The trouble starts with the same thing most deep problems do:
    Money!

The giant corporations feed the sick chemicals which treat/cure a problem, but the side effects then need other chemicals to treat/cure side effects.
    If there was more money in finding natural cures, which there certainly are, then things maybe different.

Hope your Mother gets well soon.
    George
  13. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Been a few days since the last update.

Any news about your Mom?
  14. YachtForums

She's been in a post-operative nursing care facility for the past 20 days. She is being released this week, returning home, where her life will be quite a bit different. She has lost much of her mobility and will be limited to scooters and a wheelchair. This will be an added responsibility for me, but fortunately we've found someone to help take care of her. I'm hoping to get back to work in January...