Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums

Off the topic of Yachts

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by GrahamF, Jun 1, 2008.

1. GrahamF

GrahamF Senior Member

Hi All

This is a bit off the topic of yachts but i was at a fiesta yesterday and i saw this small raccoon. I never thought i would ever see one in this part of the world. The girls said that they paid 500 Euros for it. They have a partner for it so in about 2 years she will have babies and at 500 Euros a pop not a bad income.

Here are some photos of nice big Paella. All the food was for free as it was sponsored by our municipality. There were about 18 stalls with different foods from each regions is Spain.

Attached Files:

2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when that racoon gets to be a teenager and it's hormones kick in (at about 2 years old) it will tear her and her house apart. They are cute and cuddly babies, but they cannot be domesticated.
  3. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

I wonder who will get stuck with the tab when those animals get released by people that are unprepared to deal with an adult version of the cute cuddly critter.
    You don't have to look very far to see what happens when introduced species have at it.:(
  4. GrahamF

GrahamF Senior Member

I agree with you on that. WE already have a cat problem on the Island all we need is another problem. I can see that there will be big competition between the cats and those cuddly critters
  5. orion

orion Senior Member

The animal looks cute
    but the Paella looks even better.
    Now you got me hungry:)
    Viva Espana!
  6. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

Bingo. Exotic species with no natural predators crowd out native species and pretty soon you have an infestation. Raccoons around here are troublesome and destructive nuisances who help to spread both Lyme disease and rabies.

3-6 baby raccoons every couple of months, then a couple of those loose having 3-6 every couple of months, and soon you have pandemonium. Bad idea, overall.
  7. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Problem is these little ( and some not so little) buggers are cute. My wife would have my head on the wall before I got off the first shot.:D They're also illegal to hunt in most places because a) they're cute and b) most are city dwellers. For some reason people just seem to frown on using those Rems in apartment buildings. DK why.:rolleyes:
  9. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

10. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Hey K1W1,
    I knew a thinking guy like you could come up with a solution to at least part of the problem. Dare I ask about the other part.:D Don't answer that.:D