Click for Mag Bay Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking

| Oceanco | 80M | "AALTO" ex. "Amevi" ( Y701) | 2007/22 |

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jul 27, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. basbas

basbas Member

Mr "A"

Techmati, you must be an insider. Only his employees (and his crew of course) calls him like that. Ever worked with Tsatsos?

Bas
  2. techmati

techmati Senior Member

nope i am just the guy behind the camera
  3. hlbeckley

hlbeckley New Member

Am i reading this correctly??? Mr A own OceAnco??????? As in he also owns the football team in England????
    Excuse my ignorance!
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

5. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

First, a BIG 'OL Texas THANK YOU to Michele Flandin of Oceanco for allowing us mere mortals to view the progress of such a magnificent build!!! WOO WOOOOOO

Second, to Carl Yacht Forums GURU for securing these photos and establishing such a great relationship that allows for boat builders to provide us with such killer images!!!

I too look forward to seeing this beauty launched!!! Let's all hope that we get to see some interior shots as well!!!

Cheers,

Mark
  6. paolo_ita

paolo_ita New Member

7. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Well the profile of Project PA-012 looks to be a lot lower than usually found in that length yacht. I would score that as a "plus".

Kelly
  8. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

It is very interesting that this yacht is 80m yet only has 5 guest cabins for 10 guests!!! I can only imagine the interior space that the owner and guests will have!!!

Let's hope that we can get some images of this baby as well!!!

Cheers,

Mark
  9. joelemarco

joelemarco New Member

Looking at the Oceanco web site, the Oceanco Y701 seems to be for Mr Angelopoulos in replacement of Alfa as the flag on the drawings is Greek. Any confirmation ?
  10. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

11. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Superb! Beauty in the eye of the electrician!

Post #41 - They'd better move that extinguisher before moving the 10 ton crane! Don't really want that going off inside any of those many storage compartments! ;)

Thanks Michele for the photos :) It is really amazing to see yachts in such state, as many of us only ever see the finished article. Many thanks.
  12. JonS

JonS Senior Member

I can clearly see there is still much more work to do, but how long would this take until the main body of work is done?
  13. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

The original press release, issued in October 2004, stated a launch date of Autumn 2006. How ANY of these yards are able to predict a date of completion is beyond me!

In following the Y701 process, you can see that many levels of construction are being performed at the same time, i.e., there is still metal shaping and grinding taking place, even though some areas have already been primed or painted. The same goes for the interior build-out. While some rooms are still being wired, others have reached full insulation.

Clearly, there are many teams of engineers and craftsmen working seperately, but they are also working together. The logistics of managing a build project like this, or any yacht for that matter are really overwhelming.

Hard to say when the main body of work will be done, but it appears everything will come together at the same time. I'm certain there will be challenges in meeting the expected launch date, but however long it takes... I'm glad we will part of the journey. :)
  14. foundrycourt

foundrycourt New Member

Exellent update - This yacht is going to be stunning, (it is already):) Can't wait for the next episode.
  15. tantetruus

tantetruus New Member

wow carl! this makes building the Eiffeltower small patatoes:eek:
    What an immense undertaking!

Thank Michele Flandin for us (b.t.w. did she make the pictures as well? Compliments for those as well!)

Do they ever have "open house" (does this term exist in English? Lots of firms open their doors ones a year for visitors which is called open huis/open house).

Loved to have a look there and there are probaly quite a lot of dutch shipenthousiasts who would feel the same.

One of the amazing thing about this update is to see how close they get to the roof with this giant!
    Another great thing is the quality of the bodywork, already in this stage; i think that they are doing themselves a lot of good to be this open about the build.
  16. JonS

JonS Senior Member

I totally agree with you there Tantetruus. Seeing the development of Y701 has certainly got my attention a heck of a lot more than some other launches recently.

By letting out these few photos it does give the public more of an eye of what owning a yacht involves, its not just the finished article, as magnificient as that may be, but it is seeing your creation come to life, week by week, month by month, and this for me would only highten the excitment of seeing the finished product and appreciating every detail (hidden or not) for what it is.

Jealous Jon :)
  17. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Thanks to Michele Flandin/oceAnco!

Thanks, Michele for allowing us to "experience" Y701's Build Process.
    There's this gradual buildup of anticipation as you go from one picture to another.
    I can only imagine how the owner feels.
    Looking forward to seeing the "final product"!
    Thanks again.
  18. tartanski

tartanski Member

Another Thank you ,and more yacht buid photos?

A Huge thank you to YachtForums for posting this on the front page which in turn led me to the great photos from Oceanco / Michele.

Are there any other yachts construction as well documented?

These are the first detailed photos I have seen from such a yacht build and allowed me to compare what I see in cruise shipbuilders, with this normally secrative industry segment. In recent days I have been working to develop solutions to get yachtbuilders to be more productive in thier building work and the photos allowed me to see how mauch of the work is metal work, Systems design , coordination and so on, and what strikes me is the amount of surface smoothing and finishing required before painting.

It is also clear that the Ship (Metal, pipes, cables etc) that is the basis of the yacht is very important to the final product regardles of how many LCD screens, jacuzzis, satelites, foldable tables etc there are fitted inside.

I would like to know more about the weighting of manhours and approx cost for different types of yachts, i.e.

Steel, Alu /Hull construction,
    Systems, HVAC, Electrical installation

Then all of the luxury outfitting , panneling furnature etc,

and of course what is done 'in house' and what is subcontracted.

Just for comparison, I know that Kaiser Werft in Germany do almost everything in house, which goes against the trends in commercial shipbuilding these days.

:)
  19. Motoryacht

Motoryacht Member

Wow! You travel a few weeks and you miss alot around here. Another home run Carl! I'm looking forward to more installments.
  20. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

Additional images

WOW!!!! Once again, a massive thanks to Michele for the images!!!!! The beautiful Y701 looks better and better all the time!!!!:D

How neat and cool it is to continue to see images as the build progresses!!!!!

Cheers,

Mark