Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Abeking

Ocean is back

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by VetteLT193, Nov 30, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. VetteLT193

VetteLT193 New Member

There are listings for 2021 models out there now. It sounds like the Egg Harbor group took the Ocean Yachts name / molds etc under their umbrella and are building new ones.
  2. Rick Prince

Rick Prince New Member

Is that confirmed?
  3. VetteLT193

VetteLT193 New Member

I definitely know Egg Harbor bought the molds and the rights to the Ocean Yachts name. But that was years ago now, I want to say 2016-ish, so I figured they just let the brand die. I check Oceans for sale all the time and today was the first I noticed a new 2021 42 offered for sale as a 'new build' with Egg Harbor's phone number as the contact. After that I found listings for a new 46 as well as a new 50. The 46 has a heck of a layout. It has to be the best layout offered on a mid 40's sportfish.

The ads could very well be a fishing expedition trying to see if they can line buyers up before building the boats but I hope not. Just seeing that they will build one is nice at this point.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That would make a whole lot of sense, especially in these times. Here's hoping though.
  5. alvareza

alvareza Member

The listing in YachtWorld shows MTU Series 60 as an option. Are these still available?
  6. Prospective

Prospective Senior Member

Yeah, I'm guessing fishing expedition. I've seen adds for new Silvertons and new Egg Harbors too. But I don't think I've ever seen one was actually built by Egg Harbor group.
  7. 993RSR

993RSR Senior Member

I agree. They posted a few ads on YW and others to see if anyone takes the bait. Not a bad thing
  8. Trinimax

Trinimax Senior Member

hmm, for the 50 they still list the yanmar 8sy V8s as a power option that are not even around anymore. so doesnt look promising
  9. Tashmoo

Tashmoo New Member

The Egg Harbor Group will contract build whatever you want. EHG owns the OY brand and all the molds, except the 37 Billfish that now wears a Viking badge. They also own branding rights for Egg Harbor, Buddy Davis, Silverton and I think Topaz. They're probably listing power choices that were available in 2007 when they effectively ceased production. The Series 60 was replaced in 2011 or so. Maybe there's an original crated 8sy or Series 60 that was left in inventory. I wonder if the factory warranty would be honored at first delivery