Click for Furuno Privacy Matters Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for JetForums

Ocean 43ss questions

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by SeaNile31, Mar 3, 2024.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. SeaNile31

SeaNile31 New Member

Shopping around and mostly between an 88/89 48ss and the newer 2000-2003 43ss. I'm really leaning towards the 43 and wanted to solicit some feedback. I've searched and read as much as possible and understand the battery wiring mess as well as the heads/pumpout/crazy plumbing and such.

So what's the good bad and the ugly on the 43ss? Ideally Yanmars would be the engine of choice. I'm thinking 25+knt cruise. Like a previous poster we cruise, anchor up, drink and fish in that order.

Prices seems to be all over the place. Someone mentioned getting a slightly neglected one "on the cheap" but what range is that? One just went up on YW asking 350k!!! That's laughable to me.

Anyway, I'd love to hear more about this model. Also, anyone ever run AC/heat to the bridge? Maybe tap into the duct work that is running to the ceiling off the salon area.

Thanks again. Hope to join the 43ss club someday soon,
  2. Eroc

Eroc Member

43 is a good riding boat, I’ve run one a bit with TAMD-74 Volvos. Cruise on that boat is 24 knots 36gph. The windows and bow rail are prone to leaking as they are on all Oceans. The guest SR isn’t the best layout but it works, master is pretty big. 350k is an unrealistic price, they are 200-230k boats all day.
  3. Eroc

Eroc Member

My 1990 48 3sr will be listed end of the year. Interior completely redone, new electronics
  4. SeaNile31

SeaNile31 New Member

Doubt I'll be able to wait that long. Currently boat shopping.
  5. Eroc

Eroc Member

There is a 45 for sale in my marina. Not many 43’s listed..two are pretty rough and one is 100k overpriced