Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Burger Click for JetForums

Northern Marine in trouble?

Discussion in 'Northern Marine Yacht' started by travler, Apr 30, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travler

travler Senior Member

i heard norther marine has fallen on hard times does any one know the scoop

thanks travler
  2. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Northern Marine

Northern Marine closed over a month ago, but are trying to restructure and resurrect themselves. They've done it before, and hopefully will succeed again.

They have built great vessels in the past and the trawler/excursion world will miss their presence even temporarily.

Judy Waldman
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I hope they come out of this as well. I've run a 76' Northern Marine and was very impressed by it. This was there first build and they underestimated the interior hours by 8,000 hrs and ended up losing over $1 million on it by the time of delivery

The first time they went under, they were bought by the owner of "After 8" so that he could insure that his yacht got finished and delivered, because it was the largest asset they had compared to the net worth of the yard and stuff. I don't know who owns them at this point, but they build a very nice expedition yacht.
  4. scott49

scott49 Senior Member

(they were bought by the owner of "After 8")

I believe that you are wrong about the owner of After Eight buying the yard. It was Mergenthaler

(Mergenthaler has already sold the No. 2 vessel in the 150-foot series, so he hasn't been able to keep either for himself.) According to a article dated September 15, 2006 in Puget Sound Business Journal (Seattle) - by Steve Wilhelm Staff Writer

The owner of After Eight did trade in his 118' Shaw on a new 151' Northern Marine which he also name After Eight. Northern Marine changed the name on the 118' Shaw to Isabella.
    That was there first 151' they built. The second was named Bella Bri. Hull number three was in the works. Both After Eight and Bella Bri are up for sale.
  5. Yacht Novice

Yacht Novice New Member

Does anyone have an email address for anyone still at Northern Marine? I'd be interested in talking to them.

Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.