Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Comfort Click for Delta Click for Ocean Alexander

Nordhavn News

Discussion in 'Nordhavn Yacht' started by 'RoundTheHorn, Dec 1, 2010.

1. 'RoundTheHorn

'RoundTheHorn Senior Member

2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Lol, that went live today? It was only yesterday I was on the Nordhavn website and it certainly wasn't like that.
  3. 'RoundTheHorn

Yes, everything seems to be working (I found a broken link earlier, but it has since been fixed). I had read somewhere that a major change was coming. It may have been in a PAE email or on the "old" site. Don't recall now.
  4. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

I find it far more user friendly than the old site. I have found a dead link or two, which I am sure will be fixed shortly.
  5. Yacht News

Nordhavn kicks off 2012 with impressive display at Seattle Boat Show

UPDATE: A brokerage Nordhavn 47 “Salish Shores”, has just been added to PAE’s Seattle Boat Show display.

Nordhavn Yachts Northwest will kick off 2012 with an impressive line-up at the Seattle Boat Show that will feature two of the brand’s hottest selling boats: the Nordhavn 55 and her off-shoot, the Nordhavn 60. The two models share a hull form, and combined have accounted for more than 60 hulls sold. The Nordhavn 55 on exhibit is a brand new listing; a lightly used 2006 model which has had a number of recent upgrades/additions made to her.

Meanwhile the Nordhavn 60 is a brand new boat just delivered to Seattle on Christmas Day where she’ll undergo commissioning. The boat will still be in the midst of commissioning at the time of the show, but the bones of the boat – the joinerwork, fit and finish, hardware and materials – will be readily apparent.

The N60 is a bit roomier and ideal for folks who enjoy diving and kayaking, with ample storage for kayaks, SCUBA equipment or even a larger tender. The 60’s cockpit and extended overhang also make it an ideal outdoor entertaining locale. “It’s exciting to have these two boats side-by-side at the show,” said Northwest sales representative Barbara Lippert. “You’ll get a real feel for exactly where the size difference comes into play.” The Seattle Boat Show runs January 27 through February 5, 2012.

***​

Attached Files:

• open.jpg
      open.jpg
      File size:
      40.6 KB
      Views:
  6. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

7. Yacht News

Nordhavn at the FLIBS...

Attached Files:

8. 'RoundTheHorn

Circumnavigator V

After a small delay due to the economic downturn, PAE has published their fifth edition of "Circumnavigator". Follow the link to order a paper copy or download a free PDF version.

Welcome to Nordhavn.com - Power Thats Oceans Apart
  9. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Awesome find! Thanks!!
  10. Yacht News

First ocean passage made by a Nordhavn 52

Last week, the M/V Dirona became the latest Nordhavn to make an ocean crossing and the first Nordhavn 52 ever to accomplish the feat. Jennifer and James Hamilton left Oakland, CA on October 25th and after a relatively subdued trip – save for the night before making landfall – the couple and their mighty Dirona arrived to Hilo, HI on November 6th. The original destination had been Honolulu, but they switched to Hilo, in part because it was 200 nm closer, as well as the city being a relatively easier spot to clear their cat Spitfire.

The couple is now happily cruising around the Hawaiian islands and James questions when they will see the mainland again. The couple has cruised almost nonstop since they took delivery of their boat in 2010, mainly around their homebase in the Pacific Northwest as well as extensively throughout Alaska. They have been featured in Passagemaker magazine and have a popular and very comprehensive blog MV Dirona Blog

***​

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      48.8 KB
      Views:
  11. Yacht News

Something new from Nordhavn coming up!
  12. 'RoundTheHorn

Are you referring to the new N56 or something else?

Nordhavn 56
  13. Yacht News

Yes the new N56, I put together the PR but it hasn't been uploaded as yet.
  14. 'RoundTheHorn

N49?

I hope this isn't an April Fool's Joke. Nordhavn has a beautiful, modern successor to the original 46. Check out the first look at the N49 - Nordhavn 49

There is a GA PDF as well - Nordhavn 49 GA
  15. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

16. vwDavid

vwDavid New Member

This particular ship was up for sale and was particularly well appointed. It was a stunner for Nordhavn aficionados. What a pitty.

I wonder if the cause will ever be known.
  17. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

I must say I was impressed by how many of these things I saw all over the docks at FLIBS over the weekend. I am not sure how long they would run before needing to be refueled but at least it looks like ShowManagement has a fire plan in place.

fire.JPG

I am suprised at how many marinas I see that do not seem to be adequately prepared for boat fires.

When you see boat fires on youtube there almost always seems to be a lack of fire services by fire boats.

In this situation since the Nordhavn was at the end of the pier a fire boat could have been a huge help!

And what about fire suppression systems in places other than the engine room on yachts?
  18. Yacht News

The Nordhavn N59CP is expected in Dana Point on Tuesday (Today) after being offloaded in Mexico over the weekend.

Attached Files:

19. Yacht News

Nordhavn has a new and updated website.. if you are interested in checking it out you can do so on the same website. Very nice modern update though!

Attached Files:

20. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

Interesting that they went with a design assist by Vripack again.