Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn

Nordhavn 68#18 Launches

Discussion in 'Nordhavn Yacht' started by Nordhavn 64-68, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipping to the Pacific Northwest for commissioing

Attached Files:

2. Here are some more

Attached Files:

3. couple more

Attached Files:

4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Thank you for your photos Norhavn64-68, a nice series there.
  5. paulgd

paulgd New Member

Nice photos; see this one has a single engine and is walkround. How many have been built now? Can only find pictures of Ken`s Boat Sans Souci; would be nice to see someone boat with a standard interior; or have thehy all been bespoke.
    Paul
  6. tirekicker11

tirekicker11 Senior Member

Why is the building yard so far from the waterside?

7. Hi Paul, We have built 7 N68's. Ken's boat-68#5 was the first and was very customized with an interior designer. #8, #12, #14 and #19 all have standard interior's for the most part. I can send you some photos if you like.
  8. Good question, when the factory was built 40 years ago I dont think the Tawianese anticipated building and launching 20 Nordhavns a year. It is about 1/8 mile from the factory to the Harbor.
  9. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Great photos!
    I like the ones "on the road"
    Can you tell us about;
    - the long prop tunnel extending out to transom
    - the two holes in bottom of hull aft of the rudder
    - fairing in front of thruster
    Thanks, nice looking ship.
  10. Hi Brian, The prop tunnel is there for proper tip clearance from the prop to the hull. This basically helps with cavitation. The two holes aft of the rudder is where the 38hp hydraulic stern thruster in installed. The fairing in front of the bow thruster is to eliminate the bow thruster propellor from free wheeling while underway. Let me know if you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer them.
  11. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Thanks for the reply.
    It's just that I usually see the tunnels fade out somewhat further aft. This looks consistent all the way aft.
    The stern thruster openings look like they are directed straight down...must just be the photo as I guess they are on an angle.
    Nice boat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.