Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights

Norcold de 728 door seal

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Washopay, Apr 15, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Washopay

Washopay Guest

Hi,

Everytime I have asked a question here I have received really helpful advice. Hope this is the case again. I have 1986 Carver 3207 with a Norcold de 728 ac/dc refrigerator. The door seals are totally pooched.

Does anyone know where I can find parts for this old unit? Or is it unheard of to retrofit a door seal from another fridge? ANy idea who I could call for this?

Thanks all.
  2. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

You should be able to find a replacement at any refrigerator spare part dealer, just measure your old gasket or if you can and have a key lock in the unit, pull the old gasket away to get the best match, if not, you can always glue it back on.

Cheers,

Alfred
  3. weto

weto Senior Member

Go to your nearest RV parts outfit that carries appliances as well. You'll need the model # and I believe the serial and/or product # too. They should be able to order you one. I've located parts for refers a lot older than yours. Although there was a couple refer models that required you to purchase the entire door to replace seals as they were built into the door. You can also order through a distr by the name of Northwest Trailer Parts. Google the name to get the web address. Last resort call AAA Appl in Sacramento,Ca, at 916-922-3440
  4. talexander38

talexander38 Member

+1 on the RV store..
  5. weto

weto Senior Member

That number I posted was incorrect for AAA Appliance. Correct # is 916-929-9777
    Just find an RV parts outfit locally and have them order seals. As a last ditch if seals are not avail.(which I doubt) I have used bulb seals on VERY old refers. I had to try several different types but they worked. Good Luck.
  6. Washopay

Washopay Guest

Hope the day comes when I finally know enough to help one of you guys or someone else out. Thanks for sharing your resources. No more dead batteries and ice in my cocktails are on the horizon!
  7. seanauti

seanauti New Member

8. talexander38

talexander38 Member

all those that help started out as no help.....and learned and still learning that's what it's all about....:)