Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for Comfort

No Cost Yacht Delivery, PR/USVI/BVI/Leeward Islands to Florida/SE US

Discussion in 'Yacht Transport Ships' started by CoastieCruiser, Jan 15, 2012.

1. CoastieCruiser

CoastieCruiser New Member

Need to bring your yacht back to the US from the Caribbean at the beginning of the 2012 Hurricane season?

I'm being transferred for work from Puerto Rico to Florida, looking for viable options for me and my wife to move our Great Dane, Branson, off the island and back to the states (he’s too tall for commercial airline transport). Current options are by boat or private plane charter.

I am requesting to deliver your yacht from Puerto Rico, USVI, VI, or anywhere else in the Leeward Islands to Florida or along the SE Atlantic Coast or US Gulf Coast. This service will be provided only once, one-way, and will be for no cost; I am seeking that only basic provisions be covered by the owner (food, water, fuel, incurred port/ mooring/ docking/ customs/etc fees while en route, and airfare from San Juan, Puerto Rico (for myself and 1 crew member) to origin, if not Puerto Rico). Sailing route will include a stop in San Juan, Puerto Rico to be inspected by Customs and the Coast Guard, pick up our spouses, and a Great Dane. Crew size not to exceed three couples.

Yacht Type:
    Sail preferred, but motor yacht acceptable, any hull type. Minimum size: 32’, 2 cabins. Max: 110’ (based on my crew size and boat setup/rigging).

Delivery cruise dates must fall between 01 June – 31 July 2012 (25 June – 15 July preferred, pending forecasted weather).

A little about me:

I am a US Coast Guard Officer, graduate of the US Coast Guard Academy, with over four (4) years of sea time on both single and multi screw vessels up to 225’ LOA, 2,000 tons, with sea service in the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Alaska (Inside Passage, Gulf of Alaska, Aleutian Chain, Bering Sea). I am currently serving in the Coast Guard as a helicopter pilot (H-65 Dauphin), with frequent low level navigation experience throughout the islands in the Caribbean from St. Martin/St. Maarten, Westward through the BVI’s, USVI’s, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Turks & Caicos, the Bahamas, to Florida.

Additionally, I’m a sailor, having started sailing before I could walk, beginning racing when I was 5 years old and continued throughout my life on one-designs (Optimist, Laser, Laser II, International 420, 470, FJ’s, Flying Scots, various size J-Boats) and other racing boats up to 65’, and I’ve single-handed sailboats up to 43’ LOA. Bareboating experience in the BVI’s through the Moorings.

Yacht must be in compliance with all US Federal Laws and Regulations. Because of my profession, I will ensure that the yacht will be inspected by the US Coast Guard both prior to departing Puerto Rico (or in St. Thomas, if originating from a non-US territory) and upon reentering US waters in Florida. The sail plan will be submitted to the yacht owner, as well as all en-route US Coast Guard Sector Command Centers. Additionally, position and status reports will be submitted to the same, the pre-agreed upon frequency of which will be based on communications capabilities of the yacht (i.e., daily if sat-phone or sat-data (e-mail) equipped, or at each port call if not).

If interested, please contact me via e-mail or Private Message in this forum.
  2. waltfuller1

waltfuller1 New Member

Beneteau 423 Delivery BVI to US Gulf Coast

I own a Beneteau Oceanis 423 that I need delivered to the US gulf coast in the spring or 2013. Any interest?