Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Burger

New user looking for carver parts

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Good Spirit, Nov 5, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Northern harbour lake of the woods Ontario Canada
    I have recently bought a 1992 3608 aft cabin. I am looking for a replacement dome light for the aft hard top. As well I am installing an inverter and would like to trim it out the same way as the electrical panel. Anyone know where I can access the teak trim and rounded corners?
  2. Maxwell

Maxwell Senior Member

I would contact Carver directly. When we had our old Carver they were always very helpful.

Carver Yachts

P.O. Box 1010
    790 Markham Drive
    Pulaski, WI 54162
    Phone: 920-822-3214
  3. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Thanks ill give them a call
  4. JimmyB73

JimmyB73 New Member

Hartop lights. Inverter placement

I am pretty familiar with the 3608 layout.
    Check out the LED flood lights at West Marine, they are a direct replacement for the Lights in the aft deck, Much better light, and less power requirements.
    If you decide to put inverter in wall next to fuse panel. Contact a local woodworker, he (she) will be able to match the curved teak or mahonany perfectly.
    Note: We have a 3807 and put inverter under stairway leading to Galley area.
    Very close to the batteries (recommended) and we can plug in coffee maker, TV, and the blender. All appliances necessary...
  5. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Thanks. We're is your house bank located and what are you using for batteries
  6. JimmyB73

JimmyB73 New Member

4d batteries

2 4D AGM batteries, located in front of Hot water heater between the stringers along keel. These batteries are over 160 lbs. apiece. There were a killer to install, but worth it. Inverter is installed under the top step. I hinged the step, so it could be lifted and the inverter control panel and outlets could be seen. The inverter is wired to a A-B Battery switch and battery cables are less then 30". No detectable loss from long cable runs. We can run a TV a few hours, a couple of lights, Refer, and make a pot of coffee the next morning with about 1.5 v. drop when switch is on 1 battery bank.
  7. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Thanks I really appreciate the info. We just bought this boat this past summer and it was a marina boat in Minnesota. Hardly left the dock so wasn't fitted out for extended stays out. I want to have everything done for spring so we can really take advantage of next season. Our fist boat a carver 3607 sank last spring so was a really short season. Again really appreciate the advice
  8. Sea Ya

Sea Ya New Member

I have an 1989 3607 and am curious as to what sank your prior boat. Is there something I should be made aware of ? Thanks.
  9. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

No it was an unfortunate error on the part of the marina. When she was being commissioned this spring the plug was left out and she sank. Ended up being a total loss so that's how we ended up with the 3608. We have an excellent marina and a great crew it was just one of those things that happen.