Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn

New to me; 40' SeaRay Sundancer

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by Gary rowe, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Gary rowe

Gary rowe New Member

New to the forum, so I suspect this is not the appropriate place for this question. If someone could direct me to the right place that would be appreciated.

I recently purchased a 2009 40 sea ray sundancer which I keep on a lift at my home. We board it from the lift which means we step down into the boat. My wife has bad hips and back, so she needs supplemental steps since the standard steps are too deep. I purchased a couple steps online, but they are too unstable. Any suggestions? Gary
  2. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Senior Member

If they fit these are pretty stable. Not sure if it comes standard but I've seen them with a removable handrail.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--polyethylene-dock-steps--P005_157_002_006
  3. Gary rowe

Gary rowe New Member

Thanks for your reply, but those won't work. I have two steps down, with only 16" of width on the top one. It is 15.5" tall which I need to lessen with a new step app;rox 6-9" tall, 16" wide, and 12" deep, May need to get one made if anyone has any ideas where I can do that. Thanks again, Gary