Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for JetForums

New person checking In

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by bigphoto, Jul 4, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. bigphoto

bigphoto New Member

Greetings from Baghdad!

Yes I have lived here 2 years but heading back to Virginia in the fall for good. Looking at a 1997 50" Carver with twin Caterpillar Turbo Diesels for sale. Guess because it's coming up on 20 years old not finding many comments about her? Anybody have some history on that year group they would like to share? Plan on having the pre buyers survey done on her before I drop money down on her. Thanks and Happy Fourth of July to all.
  2. hopper5

hopper5 Member

Which model?? Which engines ??
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It's a Carver. In the last 16 years she's had her bugs worked out or she's been beaten to death. If her style and seakeeping suits your needs what you'll need to know you'll find in her sea trial and survey.
  4. bigphoto

bigphoto New Member

Might help

Its the 500 MY and it has twin 420 CAT Turbo Diesel not sure of the model maybe 3208 or 3126. Havent been to the boat yet. Thanks
  5. RB480

RB480 Senior Member

It is rare that the boat has Cats in it and it would be even more rare that it has 3208's in 97 from Carver. Most likely 3126's
  6. trmnewt

trmnewt Member

I have had a 2000 carver 506 for 2 years now, and my wife and I love it. It has the 450c cummins though-great engines. We us it primarily on Lake Ontario with no issues-- comfortable at cruise in 6' waves