Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights

New Launch: Heesen Yachts 47M "Lady Petra"

Discussion in 'Heesen News & Launches' started by Yacht News, May 2, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heesen launches 47-meter "Lady Petra" superyacht

Dutch yacht manufacturer Heesen launched their latest yacht and recently christened her as "Lady Petra". The 47-meter yacht has been built for a repeat client, the founder and former owner of Heesen Yachts. If the name sounds nearly familiar that is because she is the successor to the owner's previous yacht, a 44-meter called "MY PETRA", now known as "Hayken", also a Heesen build.

The new 47-meter Lady Petra is the eighth 47-meter to be launched by Heesen to date. The boat's interior is by famed studio Bannenberg & Rowell while the general arrangement is by Omega Architects. Dickie Bannenberg of Bannenberg and Rowell Design commented: ‘Designing a yacht for someone who has built his shipyard into an industry-leading force is an honour and, at the same time, a great responsibility. But we have had a wonderful couple of years working closely with the Heesen family and the Heesen team.’

Meanwhile, Frank Laupman of Omega Architects commented, 'we are proud to have the opportunity to be part of the Heesen world by creating the lines for their yachts for some twenty years. Today we are even more proud because this new 47 metre has been conceived for Frans Heesen, the founder of this great shipyard.’

At the christening ceremony, the owner took the time to formally announce his retirement from all official functions in the Heesen Company. Mr. Heesen finally commented, ‘It is time for me to enjoy life with my family and friends.’ With that, Lady Petra will be delivered to her owner in time for the upcoming Summer 2012 season.

For more information:

HEESEN YACHTS
    Rijnstraat 2, 5347 KL, Oss,
    The Netherlands
    Heesen Yachts

***​
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.