Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Burger

New J Class Hanuman in West Palm

Discussion in 'General Sailing Discussion' started by Pascal, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

As I was rounding Peanut Island in Palm Beach on my way south to Miami, I noticed a tall mast on the other side and thought... it cant' be. You're not in Newport anymore...

Yes it was... the new J Class Hanuman, either coming in and about to go out. Must have been quite a ride out there, it was blowing 30kts with 8 to 9 footers.

Attached Files:

2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Everything covered up there, going racing!
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Isn't this one of the boats that Royal Huisman built for Jim Clark? The others being Hyperion and Athena? If so, Rybo might be the destination for the B&G event. Will try to get down to the docks, by boat, on Thursday to get a few pics.
  4. Chevelle

Chevelle New Member

She is on the hard at Rybo. She has been joined by Athena, which is tied up at the Port of Palm Beach.

Lots of cool boats at the yard right now, and a ton of boats were here for the B&G get together.
  5. Yacht News

Did you get any photos? Carl did say he would 'try' to get there the Thursday but I'm guessing he didn't get the time...
  6. Chevelle

Chevelle New Member

Sorry, no pics. I work on boats, so I am into the whole "respecting the privacy of owners" thing. Though if I comment on a specific boat being in the yard, well any body can see that, just by taking a boat ride! We have taken to calling Rybo "the dome farm" lately, because that's what it looks like from a distance!
  7. Yacht News

I'm guessing that's because of the yachts under temporary tarp covers?