Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Mulder

New Ferretti 840 Altura comments ...

Discussion in 'Ferretti Yacht' started by KCook, Apr 2, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Hummm. I'm really intrigued with the new arrangement of spaces on this design.

[​IMG]

Including the huge foredeck!

Kelly Cook
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Intrigued in what manner? Good thing or bad? The foredeck has nice spaces. Corner area sitting with table. Sunbeds to the fore, nice relaxing are. Even though, this relative expansive foredeck region makes the wheelhouse look like it was dropped there like a lego block, that is just my opinion. The long foredeck makes the design look slightly unbalanced and less proportioned. Of course this is just my view.
  3. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

As a big fan of 'back porches' on vessels such as these, I am imagining a foredeck awning over this expansive deck area: Summertime in the Abacos, at anchor, gentle breeze, lots of friends/family & places to sit/lounge, drink in hand...aahhhhhh....

New concept--the front porch!

Attaboy, Norberto.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Although guests like to migrate to the foredeck (A La Titanic) it's a bad place to have a congregating area. For one thing, imagine what happens to the drinks when you hit a wake at 25kts and how many women actually want that wind blown look. I think upper deck or aft deck congregating areas and forward sun pad and maybe a small bow seat are a better fit.
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

it's refreshing to see a boat where there is a lot of room at the bow but this maybe a little over the top. indeed the proportions are off...

i guess it depends on the weather and where you are, but the bow is where is found people heading to, weather permitting, at least down here. High speed is another issue, but you dont' have the engine noise and spray that you would have aft.

I wonder what the hull shape does to air flow, maybe the air detaches at high speed and leave a fairly calm area on the foredeck?
  6. KCook

KCook Senior Member

My thinking is along the same lines as Pascal. This could be a refreshing change from corraling everybody into the aft cockpits and flydeck. Also, I would be tempted to skip some of those lounges and use the space for a nice big tender ....

Kind of a compromise between a conventional raised pilot house and sport fisherman. I like options.

Kelly
  7. nilo

nilo Senior Member

fore deck

This is not an area to be used during cruising as we see in the advertisements, rather an area to be used either in the marinas for West Med area or for East Med area while you anchor in a secluded bay with a line ashore from the aft.

Especially for watching the sun sets and after dinner for watching the stars in the dark it will be a great area.