Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Northern Lights Click for Mag Bay

New Baglietto 40m Yacht

Discussion in 'Baglietto Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jul 16, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Baglietto spreads its horizons to fashion with a new 40m. high speed motoryacht, that we'll call "Purple Passion" for lack of a designated model range at the time of this press release. The 40m (132’) yacht, is aluminium alloy and was designed by Tommaso Spadolini.

High performance is achieved (thanks to a pair of 3775 Hp MTU’s and two water-jets) and avantgarde hull design. Speed is the main the main focus of the yacht, but not at the cost of luxury. The new Baglietto 40m reaches 35-knot top speeds. while providing a comfortable ride and a stable navigation platform.

I would believe you if you told me you have seen a low-profile, silhouette shaped, 120' yacht. But, I'd have a hard time believing you, if you told me it was painted... PURPLE! Italian's have long been know as trend setters and this is one for the history books!!

Material...............Aluminium
    Cruise.................29 knots
    Max.....................35 knots
    Length................40.80 meters
    Displacement......153.50 tons
    Engines...............2 x MTU 16V 4000 M90 (2 x 3700 Hp)
    Propulsion...........Water-jet
    Fuel.....................35,000 liters
    Range..................1,000 n.m.

Attached Files:

2. John B

John B Senior Member

That paint looks like it might be one of the color changing type?? If so, that is a very pricey paint job. I can't remember how much that stuff runs, but it is very expensive relative to regular paint.
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

You're right John. These Pearlescent (flip-flop) paints are not only expensive, but they're virtually impossible to touch-up. It's only a matter of time before a docking incident takes place and will require some blending. It will never look the same.

This paint is a nice statement, and quite unique, but it's hardly practical.
  4. Talon

Talon Senior Member

The yacht is for sale for 20million Euros.
    Any takers??

I would have thought a better name for the yacht would be:-

Pur-Pearl (Purple)