Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn

Need Tender Chocks for Swim Platform Recommendations

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by Ron Cardoza, May 7, 2019.

1. Ron Cardoza

Ron Cardoza Member

Hello,

I'm looking at getting a tender for my Prestige 50 extended hydraulic platform and considering WalkerBay generation 10 LTE tender or AB 10 vsx or Brigs or other. The max LOA of the tender would be around 11' and under 640 lbs wet. The platform max weight restrictions is 660lbs so thinking of getting something between 550lb - 620lb wet and fuelled.

Looking for recommendations on types of chocks to put on the platform. I see online UMTMarine chocks, Chock Masters and also the sliding YRM chocks. I like the idea of a chock that is recessed flush when the boat is off the platform and one is made by sealift pop-up chock. https://www.sealiftusa.com/pop-up-chocks/ but I don't know if the pop-up chock would suffice in supporting a tender like that but definitely functionality my favourite of all.

Does anyone have experience in any of these or recommendations?

Thanks!
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Chockmaster without a doubt. Reasonable,fast efficient service. They did a set for the Lazzara 84 i run (15’ Walker bay generation) about 2 1/2 years ago. A year later when they started using heavy duty straps instead of tie down cables they upgraded ours without me asking ...

Their sister company is Quicklift which makes excellent and again superior customer service
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Btw they have flush pin drop and also have a version in slides which is great for narrow platforms so you can walk between the transom and the tender.
  4. Ron Cardoza

Ron Cardoza Member

Thank you!
  5. Ron Cardoza

Ron Cardoza Member

Thank you will look at them.