Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder

NASA TV link.

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by CTdave, Jul 29, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

So it's definately NOT boating related but I bet they could see boats from a telescope.

Scroll half way down the page & click the "windows media" or "reel player" for live NASA TV. The live feeds change every few minutes between the controll ctr. and several cameras on board Discovery. You can hear everything going on. The launch was spectacular!!!!! It gets shut off when they are sleeping.

There is other cool stuff on the site. Click "video gallery" & check out the chase plane video....WOW!

www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Best ride I've taken in a while. Thanks Dave. Where's Idall Time?
  3. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Hey Carl!
    Idall Time? Well, it's here but......
    It took 10 Days from Mobile AL to CT. The weather was beautiful the first day. High winds (inbetween two hurricanes) made the gulf crossing interesting. If I had been on the old 42 Post, I would have been crying like a school girl to the coasties. At one point, we came over one of the bigger waves & when we dropped off the back side, one of my friends ( weighs approx 265lbs) who had been trying to sleep in front of the helm on the lounge, became airborne & was eye level to me, still on his side in the fetal position. He missed the lounge on the way back down LOL!
    The rest of the trip was fun. Blinding rain was the norm but we still managed to get a few major hangovers. Oh, back to the Gulf, we came across a 30-34' dismasted sailboat, bobbing with only about 12" of cabin showing. It's rigging & sail were wrapped around the boat & it would submerge under the waves & bob back up. It appeard to be very fresh & we contacted the USCG via SSB. Nobody was on board & the USCG said they had lost contact with two vessels in distress the previous day. We were about 100 miles offshore going from Apalachicola to Ft. Meyers.
    The newly majored engines didn't skip a beat till I got home. Seems the engine that had the cracked heads & manifolds also had a hairline crack in a exhaust elbow & Penn DDA didn't pick it up. Once I got home & the engine sat for a week, water dripped slowly into a cylinder. When I went to start it up, whammo...hydro lock city. It did start but it bent a rod. It's all apart now & the parts get here tomorrow.
    I'll have it in FL this winter so we'll have to do a little nautical bar hopping ;)

Well, so much for my quick response LOL
    See ya
  4. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Trust me to find this thread hours after the Shuttle has successfully landed in California! D'oh!

Anyway, hats off to the NASA boys and gals for an amazing job well done! :)