Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder

mpg for carver 3608

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by LEELES, May 27, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. LEELES

LEELES New Member

I just purchased a 1990 carver 3608 and was wondering if anybody has information on fuel consumption ,what is the sweet spot and what is the most economical speed. The boat is set up with 454 crusaders that are not EFI. Any info would be appriciated Thanks.
  2. greatlakesboate

greatlakesboate New Member

3608 Fuel consumption

We took a cruise with several legs, each of about 90 miles. We the first 3 legs at 3 different cruising speeds: 12, 18, 22 mph. We go the same mileage (0.65 mpg) at each speed! So, you either push the water or you plane on it - both consume about the same. I like 18 mph - the engines sound happy at that speed and the ride is smooth in 2-3 footers.
  3. Stardust

Stardust New Member

GPH for 454

I have a 42 with 454's and had the same question. The guy I bought the boat off of quoted 12 gph at cruise (14k). Who knows....

I do know if you open your secondaries (4 bbls) your boat will get REAL hungary. I will try and post a graph I found for 454's on this subject I found to be what I think is an accurate guide. Hope this helps.

Attached Files: