Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

Moving Ventura to SFO (perhaps Sacramento)

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by 16lpilot, Oct 16, 2024 at 11:17 AM.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. 16lpilot

16lpilot New Member

Hello all,
    I think we may be in the market for someone to help us move our 75' yacht from SoCal to SFO, and then *possibly up the Sacramento River, really depends on if we able to. I am a pilot, and my schedule doesn't quite allow me time to get enough time to do all that we want, although it is possible. My husband is retired, and is quite capable, but would like some help with Pt. Concepcion and navigating a busy SFO bay, we've never been. Eventually we'd like the boat to head up to Sacramento, but I realize we'll need a good river pilot, and since this thing draughts 7 feet, not sure when or how (spring? a full river?). If we stay in the bay, no big deal. I'd love to chat with a professional, experienced person who doesn't mind the owner(s) plus 1 making the voyage.
    Thank you in advance!
  2. CaptMaguire

CaptMaguire New Member

Hello, my name is William Maguire and I do yacht deliveries everywhere on this coast from Mexico to Alaska. I am currently in Seattle. However, in the winters I normally work out of San Diego, Newport Beach and Marina Del Rey, and used to live in the Bay in Sausalito. I would be very happy to speak to you about doing this trip with you. I am attaching my phone number and email address, and if you will send me your email, I will send you my résumé. Then, we can discuss details by phone. Thank you, all the best, Captain William Maguire
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2024 at 7:54 PM
  3. Capt Cole

Capt Cole Member

I work with a couple of other highly qualified professional Captains . We routinely handle this type of move multiple times every year. I am currently out of the US until the end of the month. Feel free to PM me and I will gladly refer you to the other Captains I referenced and they will gladly answer any questions. Always good to shop around.

This specific route is right in our wheelhouse and SF Bay and Sacramento is our home territory

Regards

Captain Greg Coleman