Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service

Man v10 1050hp gauges wiring

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Josue Colon, Sep 3, 2023.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Josue Colon

Josue Colon New Member

Hi! Need help with gauges wiring diagram coming out of the terminal block (man black box on eng room) to the gauges, they’re man v10 1050hp

thanks
  2. butch w

butch w Member

Hi Josue, I am pretty new to this forum as well and have Man engines (not the same as yours). I can tell you the more information you provide such as the year of the engines, the coding (if that is the right terminology) ie
    D2840.......and what style of gauges you have will go a very long way in having some very knowledgeable people on here being happy to provide you with awesome advise.
  3. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Butch, if the OP has V10 1050hp engines, we are definitely talking of the D2840LE403 version.
    They were the first MAN electronically controlled engines (actually semi-electronic, so-called EDC), before they eventually embraced common rail and the fully electronic control that goes with it.
    I believe they were supplied with the early MMDS displays (the monochrome ones, often coupled also with analogue gauges), before moving to the full colour displays adopted with the CR engines.

Anyhow, what I can offer to the OP is a 150 pages file of the MMDS repair manual, that includes several wiring diagrams.
    But with a BIG warning:
    That's a documentation which every MAN dealer should have and be familiar with - definitely not DIY stuff meant for "normal" boat operators.
    So, it's a sort of catch 22:
    If you know what to do with that manual, it means that you already have it and don't need to ask.
    But if you aren't already familiar with it, you'd better ignore it and ask for professional help.

That said, it's the OP's boat, not mine.
    If he wants to risk doing worse by fiddling with that stuff, I can send him the file.
    Just PM me a mailbox address, because it's too large to post it as an attachment.
    Sarnico likes this.