Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Mulder

| Lurssen | 145M | "LUMiNANCE" ex . Project 'Luminance' | 2023) |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Maritna_ra, Feb 11, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Honestly I have seen better solutions for an exhaust stack and mast arrangement

IMG_0309.JPG
    Octopus comes into my mind for example
  2. Kris_Z

Kris_Z New Member

Well, I will throw my own 2 cents and say that Luminance looks way better than Opera. With contrast design and overall shapes and forms… way more interesting than Opera which looks like a margarine box from cheap supermarket. That said, none of them are my favorites by a mile. From a bunch, in my opinion Flying Fox looks the best. And having said that, even Flying Fox is a mile away looking as good as my all time favorite Pelorus does. I’d like to see upscaled version of that one day. With double front helipads and overall layout. That would be quite something.
  3. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

View attachment 99381

Sorry gentlemen, I know beautiness is in the eye of the beholder but I have decided for myself that I do not like her design and her colours. Not my neck of the woods. Opera looks by far better.

Just my 2 (Euro) cents[/QUOTE]
    Just like you said the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I couldn't disagree with you more. I think she is pretty in many ways, but since you compared it with Opera that happens to be in the same frame on your photos she is a stunner. Opera is nothing more than a floating hospital thats an achievement make no mistake about it. Its so grand and mega its stunning but in terms of exciting the senses of us yacht nerds I don't think there is anything new to see there.
    As for Luminance my first kudos about the design is the fact that she looks very small for what she is and to me thats a great achievement. I especially like the way the decks are cut out. I agree with most that she resembles a bit of Crescent (one of my favorites) and Flying Fox (also a favorite) and believe she is going to be a stunner wherever she goes.
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Just like you said the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I couldn't disagree with you more. I think she is pretty in many ways, but since you compared it with Opera that happens to be in the same frame on your photos she is a stunner. Opera is nothing more than a floating hospital thats an achievement make no mistake about it. Its so grand and mega its stunning but in terms of exciting the senses of us yacht nerds I don't think there is anything new to see there.
    As for Luminance my first kudos about the design is the fact that she looks very small for what she is and to me thats a great achievement. I especially like the way the decks are cut out. I agree with most that she resembles a bit of Crescent (one of my favorites) and Flying Fox (also a favorite) and believe she is going to be a stunner wherever she goes.[/QUOTE]
    I believe when alot of the plastic is removed and you can see more of the alternating colours in the superstructure, and see some glass in between it will helps her looks. Let's just wait.
  5. Yacht News

Project 'Luminance" has commenced sea trials. Now alot of the tenting has been removed you can get a better feel for how the yacht looks. Not too bad at all. Photo by Drduu.

Attached Files:

6. Maritna_ra

Maritna_ra Active Member

And...voilà, another wedding cake is served.
    I really don't like this proliferation of decks. A four-decks superstructure seems quite too much, maybe a deck less or one more in the hull..would resulted in more balanced proportions.
  7. Yacht News

Project Luminance heading for trials.

8. Yacht News

More footage...

9. Yacht News

Interesting detailing on the aft railings (upper helipad and aft decks).
  10. Yacht News

Hasn't done much so far.

Attached Files:

11. Kris_Z

Kris_Z New Member

It's not extremely terrible, but I have to say I agree. Looks a bit too stacked and that rear helipad looks a bit too big for proportions. One more deck in hull could work if superstructure is pushed back a'la Pelorus style with double front helipads. Otherwise the proportions would be completely awful.
  12. volfkan

volfkan Active Member

Crescent very japan anime robotic look but lines start older.
    this one head from all angles look like gundam ))
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg 4.jpg
    colours very similar mercedes w220 tanzanıte blue (359u) because the owner still drives this car conservative on some issues)
    5.jpg
    overall it's slightly masculine and the line fit is great
    Maritna_ra likes this.
  13. volfkan

volfkan Active Member

A sink belonging to this yacht to have an idea about its interior. colour jade green onyx
    1.jpg
    Pinstripe likes this.
  14. volfkan

volfkan Active Member

1.jpeg
    Pinstripe likes this.
  15. Yacht News

The shapes and surfaces are more complexed than initially understood.
  16. volfkan

volfkan Active Member

very aerodynamic and elegant lookin
  17. volfkan

volfkan Active Member

more visit
    1.jpg
    I've seen all the lurssen yachts, but this is my only favorite with the lines, color, inner-to-outside ratio
    I bought one of the scale models made for this yacht (one owner,2 lürssen and one me) 1.5 meter long + display case total 45.k euro
    Urbsey likes this.
  18. Yacht News

o_O
  19. volfkan

volfkan Active Member

models made for this type of yacht at this price,usually exhibited in shows and It is rare to make 3-4,takes 3 months to build
    I'm an obsessed collector ))
    Pinstripe likes this.
  20. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Wondering if the owner still plans on selling her. He brought it up back before.