Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for MotorCheck Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights

| Lurssen | 142M (ex 140M)| "Scheherazade" ex. "LIGHTNING" | 2019 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by ApreMare, Jul 5, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

Lurssen just rhis morning launched project Lightening 138 to 142 meters according to reports. Looks very conservative and from the design we can assume its for a middle eastern client that belongs to royal family part of government as it has very little outdoor areas. Our trusted Dr. Duu has great photos and videos as always.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzhacWeIzsm/?igshid=1m9sqgum47wds
  2. NikoBremen

NikoBremen Senior Member

Yes, the design definitely looks like a middle eastern yacht.

Notable is the forward heli elevator.

According to some sources she has a length of 140m and was designed by Espen Oino.
  3. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

According to a Edminston brokers comment on instagram this yacht is not for a middle eastern client. Color me shocked
  4. nmna

nmna Senior Member

She has a nice pool on the owner's deck but apart from that I can't see any other pool/jacuzzi. Perhaps that circular 'thing' in the aft is also a pool?

I like it, looks like 'Crescent'.
  5. Gage Rowden7

Gage Rowden7 Senior Member

Real interesting. I was assuming so.
  6. Gage Rowden7

Gage Rowden7 Senior Member

I think maybe a jaccuzi. Not sure but that seems to be real small for a pool.
  7. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

One of those days. Sunday, my cook was on leave, weather to bad for glider flying, so I decided to invite myself for lunch at my daughters home in Bremen and guess what, afterwards on the way home to Hamburg a little detour via Bremen North / Lemwerder / Aumund to have a look at Project Lightning and A&R.

Below several sets of unprocessed images

IMG_0007.JPG

Not the best weather but good enough for clear pictures. IMHO a very nice looking boat with great lines and very well proportioned. In reality, it looks much bigger than ont he first aerial pictures I had seen. One can clearly see, Lightning is built according to large passenger yacht code and by looking at its details, a typical Luerssen Layout, very similar to her sisters in the 100 meter+ class.

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Nice beach club with large bathing platform on the stern, large aft tender bay for at least 12 Meter tenders, SOLAS Life boats on the owner deck behind cover. Aft mooring deck similar to Topaz. But overall a complete new yacht with new lines.

IMG_0011.JPG

It looks like at least some 40 Crew and a lot of guests in different class of suite and cabins.

Attached Files:

8. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Second set of pictures

IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
  9. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Third set of pictures

IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
  10. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Fourth set of pictures

IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    On this picture, You can see a "liitle" 40 ft Sail boat. It will be shown on the next pictures just for comparison of the uge size of this "boat"

IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
  11. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Fifth set of pictures

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG

and some details I find noteworthy

IMG_0007a.jpg
    The aft landing pad (5 to 7 ton class) has definately no hangar facility. the beefy davits are nicely concealed, when in her "parking" position and most likely for movements of the inflatable life rafts among other purposes.

IMG_0013a.jpg
    The very nicely designed and built mast and exhaust stack area. I especially like the set of open array radars of different frequency bands. The most upper radar in front of the mast and the antenna on the rear of the mast are of the same frequency band with vertically seperated beam area. Together they will give a clear 360 degree picture of the surrounding without any blackouts caused by the big mast. Besides Azam, one of the best mast, sat antennas and exhaust stacks arrangement so fare.
  12. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

More details

IMG_0013b.jpg

Notice the two shell doors for crew entry and galley access by boats. Carefull designed rails for cleaning crew members and mooring of tenders. Just perfect!

IMG_0013c.jpg
    finally a wheel house on one of the upper decks with extending bridge nock and almost 300 degrees of unobstructed look around. A wheelhouse one wants to the skipper in.

IMG_0029a.jpg
    And last but not least the stern with its interesting curved set of stairs, the split level aft mooring decks and most interesting the passerelle not included in the stern or stairs. The passerelle is intergrated in the deck of the bathing platform and has a free turning radius of about 150 to 160 degrees with some freedom for up and down movement. Great solution. I must say I like this boat very much, well designed in the typical Luerssen quality.

We will probably see more details with more protective cover removed. On the fore deck one can see two hatches, obviously for stairs and one large hatch (approx. 10 by 4 meters) I do not think this is a helicopter lift. I believe it is the SOLAS Rescue boat bay or one more special tender (may be a sub) bay.
  13. nmna

nmna Senior Member

Project Lightning at night. Photo taken by Frank Stuke.

Attached Files:

14. NikoBremen

NikoBremen Senior Member

Sea trials have started.
  15. Hohum

Hohum Senior Member

Interesting photos today as well, based on the people stood on the various decks it looks like she has quite high ceilings up to the bridge deck, where they suddenly get much lower.
  16. DBowman78

DBowman78 Senior Member

I think that may just be due to camera angles, etc. The people on the bridge deck look to be standing on a bridge wing extension that is proud of the superstructure.
  17. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Heading out on her first sea trials...

18. ELEMEENOOPEE

ELEMEENOOPEE Senior Member

She looks to much like a wedding cake for me. One deck less or a higher bow would help. Not my cup of tea
  19. nmna

nmna Senior Member

Lightning had her second round of sea trials.
  20. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Here she is.