Click for Abeking Click for MotorCheck Click for Burger Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn

| Lurssen |111M | "Alaiya" ex."Lady Gulya"/ "TIS"(ex Project 'TIS'/Palo alto| 2018 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by mediterannean, Sep 15, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

My god! I saw the feature on boat international and came here immediately. Tis is not the only one so many yachts are so disconnected from the sea, yet we can’t criticize because some owners want a floating home, and I bet their home is just like this. When I saw - then one of my favorite Designs- Anna’s interior which is very similar to Tis I had the same reaction. Love and appreciate the interiors of Eclipse, Octopus, Rising Sun, Flying Fox they are comfortable and functional and you don’t feel out of place if you are not wearing a tuxedo.
    Yachts with interiors like this are hard to sell in the second hand market because this is not an interior you can flip with loose furniture its in the yachts dna, I’ve heard from brokers that there was a lot of interest on Solandge, yet the buyers always backed out after seeing the inside and calculating the interior refit cost and out of commission time.
  2. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Same issue with Jubilee. Are you referring to Anna 1’s interior or the 110m?
  3. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

Anna I actually haven’t seen the 110 meter antler yacht interior, but I doubt its less chateauey than the first one. No one gains that much gusto within 5 years;)
  4. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

Also can you please send me a link to Jubilee’s interior? I don’t recall seeing it. Thanks
  5. NikoBremen

NikoBremen Senior Member

You just have to google „jubilee yacht interior“.
  6. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

Duh:) Wish I didn't... No wonder the new owner sent her for a refit right after purchasing her, Sam Sorgiovanni seems to be the go to guy for this kind of look, but I have to admits his interior for Jubilee is years ahead of the Tis Chateau :)
  7. Gage Rowden7

Gage Rowden7 Senior Member

I agree with you about how Rising Sun, Octopus, Eclipse and Flying Fox feel comfortable and in touch with the sea. I love the exterior of Tis and the layout she has but the styling and everything else would have to be redone to a Eclipse or Flying Fox styled interior.
  8. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I'll disagree here in part. The yacht's interior isn't that bad overall. It is definitely a fully custom interior and one that is guilded with some hints of old world touches, hand painted art, ornate and guilded railings. In some areas of the yacht these features are a bit overwhelming. She has some nice areas too but definitely its not an interior that will grab a quick sale for the yacht.
  9. Yacht News

Her Project management company has alot of photos on their site. I'm liking this yacht more and more... the interior isn't everyone's taste for sure but it's somehow growing on me.
  10. NikoBremen

NikoBremen Senior Member

She is already for sale.
  11. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

At the project managements website, You can download a brochure about her with a lot more pictures. The brochure also contains her complete general arrangement plans. Nice layout, except for the crewquarters. Starting with the captain and his officers down to the rest of the crew, I would never treat my crews like this (rabbit stables!!).

It seems that some owners have started to build large yachts as a business. Build, use it a short while and then try to sell with profit. If it works, ok but IMHO pretty risky, especially with an interior like this.

But with the amount of wealth of the owner of TIS, it is probably a good idea to sell. This big boat with its operating costs would eat the rest of it rather fast :).

If You wonder, why anybody would want such a baroc interior, just have a look at the the interior of the Eremitage Palace at Petersburg, that was the role model for this interior, the epitome of luxury for people from this area.

Anyhow a great boat. These double height salons make You forget being on a boat.
  12. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

What I would love to see is a double height salon styled in the manner of Frank Lloyd Wright's work. Modern use of wood, open "outside indoors", light, shapes... it would be brilliant.
  13. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

I was in Mykonos, and was able to see Tis close her exterior lines are beautiful and the paint on her is obviously shining so brand new. Unfortunately can't get over the interior, on a side note Serene's ex owner (his wife) posted pictures on board Tis and created speculation that they are the new owners however its highly likely that its just charter guests.
  14. Yacht News

The interiors of the two yachts are world's apart. "Serene" has a homey contemporary interior with splashes of Art Deco touches...if I remember right.
  15. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

Indeed Serene had a wonderful and tasty interior, didn’t think for a second that Tis belongs to ex Serene owner, I am hoping that in 24 months we will see the replacement yacht for him that will take her spot in Top 10 largest list...
  16. Yacht News

Seems "TIS" will be in attendance at this year's Monaco Yacht Show (MYS). With that being so, that means she will be the largest superyacht to attend the show officially. "Jubilee" from Oceanco was the previous largest. TIS is 111-meters and Jubilee is 110-meters.
  17. Gage Rowden7

Gage Rowden7 Senior Member

Serene's ex owner is building a new one??
  18. Scott W

Scott W Senior Member

What an interior. It looks unbelievably warm and inviting....said no one, ever. It's got to be tough for the broker when the the only customers who wouldn't price a major interior refit into their offers are either Russian Oligarchs or Bond Villains. How big can that market segment be?
  19. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

That is the rumor I’ve heard, you have to take into account he wasn’t planning to sell his yacht and decided to sell it on the spot to an offer he couldn’t refuse and had to vacate his yacht in quite short term after the agreement was signed, its rumored that he had close to 400 million burning a hole in his pocket and went to a german yard. Lets wait and see:)
  20. Hohum

Hohum Senior Member

It's interesting that on a yacht this large they still ended up with guest suites on the lower deck.