Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross Click for Burger

| Lürssen | 95.2M | "Whisper" ex. "KISMET"/Project 'Global' | 2014/23 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Milow232, Sep 20, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

That would be really great! May I ask what is your impression of her?
  2. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Absolutely stunning in every detail, just like any Lurssen. Kismet is mostly unique because of the wide array of interior materials and textures used, all coming from various parts of the world and amazingly, they all work together. The interior as a whole is somewhat of an artful masterpiece. There is no hanging art on the walls, because the walls are actually the artwork, along with floors, the ceilings and of course - like any Lurssen - the engine room is a work of art too. The layout is a bit of a mouse maze, but it makes traversing the boat interesting.

Judy is going to write the feature (not a review) which should be quite a challenge given the complexity of the decor. We were not allowed to take pics during the media tour because they had some construction going on, but we are hopeful to get detail shots when the boat returns from the Caribbean. Did I just call Kismet a boat?
  4. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

How dare you!
  5. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I am so ready! I have written the intro and am awaiting receipt of specs and photos whenever Carl gives the thumbs up. Meanwhile, yesterday Ft. Lauderdale's Sun Sentinel had a big front page photo (the yacht needed most of the page just for a profile shot in the distance) and a bigger than usual review. I read the review and ha-ha. YF's review will blow them away!

Stay tuned

Judy
    :D
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

They're all boats. Just some bigger than others.
  7. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Our mutual friend, MMD, once told me that the only difference between a yacht and a boat it that a pretentious man calls his boat a yacht.
  8. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

We just can't call ours yachts. It just won't come out. And I don't think we could with Kismet either. In fact, there would be less need to with a boat like Kismet as one most certainly has no need to try to impress others. It most definitely is one beautiful boat.
  9. YachtForums

Kismet ain't no boat. It's a ship. ;)

Typical for MMD, always exhibits understated class. A true gentleman. And a boat nut!
  10. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Related to "Kismet" is her much talked about removable jaguar bow ornament... here is how it was made and installed initially.

11. YachtForums

Good find Ron! The jag was missing from the sprit on the day of our tour. Of course, being a Jaguar, we thought it was in the shop for repair! The cat was made in 4 sections so the crew could remove and store it with greater ease.
  12. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Where's the rim-shot sound effect when you need it?
  13. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

The photoshoot for "Kismet"is currently taking place so Carl should get the photos of her soon. :)
  14. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Thanks for the update. My keyboard is ready :)
  15. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

16. Yacht News

17. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Hehe you are a bit late there Ron, I posted a link back in January. Anyway I am glade you found those photos now as well! :)
  18. Yacht News

Oh my bad... I only now saw them though. What do you think? I think the interior looks better in reality than in the renders.
  19. JWY

JWY Senior Member

The interior in the real is far superior to the photos. While a picture may say 1000 words, it can't possibly capture the richness and depth of the materials and their combinations. As a sneak preview, if it aint b-roke, don't fix it :D

Judy
  20. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I bet it is Judy! I really like the interior, it is definitely better than on her predecessor. With her interior and exterior she is probably one of my favorites at the moment.