Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn

Looking for ZF 510-1A Parts and Service Manual

Discussion in 'Engines' started by CaboFly, Aug 18, 2023.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CaboFly

CaboFly Member

Doing some maintenance on my gear coolers this offseason and will need the manual for this removal. Also I was replacing a couple o rings on oil filter assembly and ZF repair shop charged me $87 for a single o ring. I already had it apart and they are ZF's go to service shop and are in my marina by coincidence. They have also always been helpful to answer questions in the past but $87 for a black o ring is silly and I need to be able to pull my own part numbers. I purchased the 3 o rings I needed so I could get it back together but need to be more prepared in the future. Gear coolers are Mota and were spec'd by ZF when they provided transmissions to MAN.

Thanks.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

That is why I stay tight with my hydraulic shops. Take a good sample in, matched and buy a dozen or so.
    Now coppers and combination copper/alloy/rubber seals that ZF uses is a whole different story.
    Here is when Fridays at our ZF shops, with a 12 pack, say about 1645 really pays.
    On your Left Coast, The last red neck died a few years ago. Not a clue how to bud up with your techs.
    Wine or KY??

For the manuals and maybe less involved parts, Contact Seaboard Marine.
    https://www.sbmar.com/
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2023
  3. f3504x4ps

f3504x4ps Member

If you know the size or have a Vermeer caliper to measure the o rings, I purchase from oringsandmore com. Quick shipping
  4. CaboFly

CaboFly Member

Yup...Will be using local hydraulic shop in future for ZF o rings. Just need manual. This shop is very well known in the ZF world and they have been good to me in the past and actually do know the owner of the larger business. He walked by and said it must be ZF. As a service center they have chosen to only carry ZF parts but for something like this I think they should carry both and give customers the option. And yes the calipers came out and measurements taken.
    My local MAN dealer/distributor before they sold had a guy running the shop name Klaus and he was amazing and provided so much value that when I went and bought all my parts to service I never had issue with prices because the priceless value he added. They also cross referenced o rings and I have never had a MAN o ring cost $87.