Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Delta

Looking for a specific Carver 440

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Rivlake, Nov 5, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Rivlake

Rivlake New Member

I am looking to see if a Carver 440 is still around somewhere. It is a 1993 or 1994, originally had Cat 3116's. It has large chrome horns on the top of the custom hard top over the bridge (with the air compressor for these in the kitchen floor), a custom A/C installed beside the fridge on the Aft Deck enclosure. It has a brushed steele ladder that goes from the swim platform to the top of the Aft Deck enclosure. It has surround sound in the salon as well as the master S/R, and I believe it has three captains chairs at the helm instead of the one chair and two person bench seat. It has a davit for a dinghy above the Aft Deck enclosure. The engine room has hour meters and keys to start the engines from below, as well as an air compressor and air hose.

These are all of the things I can remember that were "add ons" or custom designs. This boat meant alot to my wife and her family and would just like to know if it is still out there somewhere. Thanks!
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Was she previously named "Solitude"? Or "Justice Won"?

If so: She is a 1993. Current name "Radiowaves". I think I have seen this boat in the upper Chesapeake Bay.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

4. Rivlake

Rivlake New Member

Yes, it was named Justice Won! That is nuts that someone would know this in less than a day! I love this forum already. Any idea where I could get pics of her? My father in law bought it new and ran it with an open checkbook until he sold it in about 2001. Tons of upgrades and custom features. I would love to actually buy it back someday. Thanks for the help! PS. How did you know the former names and info?
  5. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I hate to tell my "YF Historian" trade secrets, but: I searched the soldboats database for a 44 Carver in that era. I assumed a Carolinas location from your profile info. I found the boat and identified her by photos from your description. The boat has sold twice in the last few years. In the last broker's photos was a picture of the engineroom with the remote gauges and such as you describe. In that photo was also visible the CG official number placard. I ran that number in the documented vessels database, which shows the previous few boat names and owner's names as well as the current boat name and owner info.

If you would like the current owner's info, let me know and I will send it to you by PM.

Here is her photo when last sold.

Attached Files:

6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Already done. Have to keep the new guy impressed.:D
  7. Rivlake

Rivlake New Member

More Pics

I don't know if my reply to your message came through or not, but could I get some more pics of her? My wife and twin brothers in law will be so excited to see her again. We used to spend 4 hours after every trip washing and polishing every inch of her to where she became a member of the family. Thanks again for all of your help!:D
  8. Rivlake

Rivlake New Member

My Wife's Reaction

My wife actually shed tears when I showed her the pic you posted. Would love more if you could find them, or show me where to get them.
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That PM Isent has the name and address of the current owner Dorp him a line. I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige. Who knows, maybe he even want to discuss selling her.:)