Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mulder

Look at me..!

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by AMG, Aug 10, 2010.

1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Impressive, but I also think it is a little amusing to see this boat in Port Hercules..:eek:

Attached Files:

2. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Love it!

It kind of takes you back to when the first 50 meter boat was seen among the giant 30 meters that looked so awesome in the marina.

Where will it end?
  3. Jorge Lang

Jorge Lang Senior Member

Which brings up a good point. Does anyone know when the Swift 141 will splash and start sea trials? It should make these yachts look like tenders.
  4. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

You certainly can't miss her.
  5. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Looks as though it could easily tow all the other yachts out to sea!
  6. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

And the pontoons!

I remember back in 1973 when the newly built Nefertiti (now Absinthe) took up her mooring in Port Vauban, Antibes. At 61.3 meters, she was the biggest the Marina had ever seen – apart from the long, sleek Sarina (now Haida G) who, at 71 meters had her own personal berth betwixt the marina and the harbour wall – now extended into the IYC.
  7. RER

RER Senior Member

Back in the 70's on my first visit to Ft Lauderdale we were walking the docks at Pier 66. When we got to the 'big' (for that era) boats I was in awe of the first 80' Broward we passed. Then as we walked down the dock the boats got bigger and at the end was some huge euro built thing that was larger than anything being built in the U.S. at that time, and I remember thinking man, if I owned that Broward I would keep it someplace else!