Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Westport Privacy Matters Click for Westport

Long Term Anchoring - Mooring near Boca Raton

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by JoseMont, Sep 20, 2023.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JoseMont

JoseMont New Member

I am looking for a Free or affordable place where I can anchor in Boca, pompano, Fort Lauderdale, etc.

I will be moving here and would love a free or cheap place for me to leave the boat during the week. I usually sail 3-4 times a week but having this semi permanent solution would be great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

There is a few “free” anchorages in the area, Lake Sylvia is one of them, but subject to various local rules and ordinances that will change: A while ago it was max 48 hours, then it was lifted. Some folks leave their junk boats there for years, then they sink. Questionable bottom with silt and mud, not great holding.
    Same to the South of Fort Lauderdale, North Lake and South Lake of the ICW are also a popular spots to leave boats at no charge, so far.
    Probably better to rent a dock at a residential canal, a bit more secure in case of storms. Various web sites like Dock Finders and similar have listings.
    About $12 - $16 per foot/month.
    JoseMont likes this.